• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

A nice afternoon

killeroy154

Survivalist
Haven't been camping much this year buttt, I do get out once in a while to pretend
67f24be2dbb894b8cb4a9be74ee740dc.jpg
lovely day on my local river
52e9153f799035e248703f37ca11dbad.jpg
4d48fb18df810bcf470d62a5d11abf09.jpg
yes I did catch a fish, bad picture though
9397013d1f49e9a79e2198ccf2cf4e19.jpg
the water is plenty warm for swimming. That's about it for now, back at the ramp ready to go.
13634fb4060354631c73c350f22991d7.jpg

rz3300

Explorer
Well those pictures alone are enough to get me excited about getting out, but it does seem like time is running out a little bit here. We had nothing but cold and rainy here for about a week but it looks nice for the next week or so.

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
My idea of a canoe trip is with at least 3 friends. My father was going on hunting in the mountains sometimes that included river rafting or canoeing. He said that taking the canoe for a river trip is fun when you have friends with you. I understand that some of us here wants a quiet time for himself but I still go for that fun with the boys. I can imagine the glee when it's time to fish and I would get a big catch, ho, ho, that would surely be fun especially now that we have the camera. Lots of selfie for sure.

killeroy154

Survivalist
I prefer to go with someone for camping and fishing, but sometimes it's difficult to get together at the same time. I am particular about who I go with, some just like to drink and be roudy,, no thanks to that. So this coming fall trip, I may be going alone because no one can make it.[emoji20]

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...I identify with you whole heartily @killeroy154 and I can appreciate it when no one can make it. That's been an issue for awhile now. So I go on my own to places that I'm known. I still can do all that I want to do but not in total isolation. This summer has been rich with opportunities and I've made much of them. I had a good friend join me for a few days last trip and of course it makes a difference. We didn't always have to talk, we just enjoyed the company. He's a great camp cook too. We just chattered about nothing especially serious and used out time well to enjoy ourselves.

I planning to get a bit more winter camping in this year. I've already picked a spot on the Eramosa River at a District Scout Reserve. I'm looking forward to it actually.