• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Algonquin Park?

Has anybody ever gone to Algonquin park?

I spent many summers there, starting from the Kawaywaymog entrance point. My family and I would spend a couple weeks going extremely far out into the park.

It was amazingly fun.

anybody else like it there?

hissae2

I went to Algonquin last summer and it was great! It was huge, which wasn't really surprising considering there are signs for it all the way from Toronto (and possibly further?). It took a long time to get there but it was worth it. I'm hoping to be able to go back there again this year. It was probably the best camp I've been to in my opinion, very big and fun, I'd recommend it to everyone. :)

Kementarri

I went to Algonquin two years in a row and had a blast there! It is a huge park and there are a ton of trails to hike on. I was camping in the Pog Lake section of the park, and during the second year had a bear come through our camp which was scary but exciting. I would definitely recommend anyone looking to camp in Ontario to check it out because in my opinion it is one of the best parks to camp in.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Kementarri said:
I went to Algonquin two years in a row and had a blast there! It is a huge park and there are a ton of trails to hike on. I was camping in the Pog Lake section of the park, and during the second year had a bear come through our camp which was scary but exciting. I would definitely recommend anyone looking to camp in Ontario to check it out because in my opinion it is one of the best parks to camp in.
I live in Ontario but I've never been to Algonquin, I'm glad to hear you recommend it because I have been wanting to there this summer.

However the thing is the park is huge and there are so many sites that you can go to Algonquin park many times and never see the same place. How did you find the Pog Lake section?

Kementarri

Well if you have the chance to go then definitely take it, because it is a wonderful experience.

There are a ton of sections in Algonquin, yes as it is a massive park, but each section has it's own wonders (some with closer access to hiking trails, portaging trails, and beaches). I went with a ex-boyfriend and his parents were all about camping and traveling so they were the ones who booked the Pog lake camp site; I stayed there for both summers that I was there.

You can check it out for more information: Pog Lake Campground | Algonquin Provincial Park | The Friends of Algonquin Park

Love Pog Lake in Algonquin! It's a beautiful park with lots to see! Bring a canoe and fishing rod. And camera! We loved watching for moose on lookout trails :)