• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Anyone use a sleeping pad?

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
I bought an airbed that I intended for camping purposes. That will give me a more comfortable sleep during family camping. Besides, the thickness of the airbed when filled with air will prevent water to seep in to the bed sheet. We experienced getting wet from down under when the rain was pouring and although the tent protected us from the rain but not from the flowing water. It was really unfortunate because we brought along 2 dogs to sleep with us. With the airbed there would be no more problem. However it was not easy to fill with air when there is no electricity. Another issue is the removal of air. In other words, it is tedious to handle so we just used it at home once in a while. Now it is in the stock room.