• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Auld Lang Syne

killeroy154

Survivalist
2017 was an interesting year, to say the least. I actually had a couple of camping trips that I didn't have to wear my rain gear most of the time, so what an improvement over 2016. Camped on a great trout stream in the mountains, of course the trout didn't cooperate very well. Spent 4 days with my brother on an island in a lake deemed the small mouth capital. Of course the fish didn't come out to play either, maybe I better give up fishing..

My wife and I did some interesting hiking, like the semi ladder, cliff scaling, rock climbing that we did at Grand Father Mtn. The historical hike we done at Cumberland Gap, and Look Out Mtn in Chattanooga. Along with our hikes at our local Bays Mountain Park and bicycle riding on the towns green belts, she's trying to keep me in shape.

I want to say Thank you to all on here for putting up with me, I think of all you as freinds. I enjoy reading what everyone posts. Last year was good, and I know next year will be better.

Happy New Year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Happy New year!

I didn't get to go exactly everything I wanted to this season but I did do way more than the year before and learned a few new things and I am going to be even more prepared for next year. I can see how the many many seasons some of the site's veterans have behind them definitely shows. Unfortunately scheduling and weather are sometimes hard to work around.

I'm looking forward to doing my first portage trip next year though.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
One of the best camping years I've had - and I'm smart enough and thankful enough to know that. And this year?

HAVE A GOOD YEAR...
Whatever that might mean to you.

upload_2018-1-1_10-24-35.jpeg
Let's do it all in 2018

killeroy154

Survivalist
@campforums Ah yes, portaging. Good exercise. Barrow someone's canoe and take a walk.

I love that camping patch Dancer. I expect it will be a good year. And filled with many exploits.
71278cbbabbf3cf9fbd5dd7f3843e9a9.jpg

campforums

Founder
Staff member
@campforums Ah yes, portaging. Good exercise. Barrow someone's canoe and take a walk.
Well I've done lots of canoeing and lots of walking, I suspect the trouble comes when putting the two together. Plus packing extra light is going to be very different than bring whatever item you can think of wanting.

killeroy154

Survivalist
@campforums yes that's where I would be at a loss. I've never had to pack light because I've never had to portage. The lakes around here are dammed impoundments, and not natural. I fish part of the local river where I can carry canoe and gear up-stream about a mile, so I can get above the shoals. I don't do it very often, but maybe I should for the exercise. I long to come up north and camp, portage and enjoy some of the natural lakes in Canada.

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Enjoy reading your posts and your pictures. most of us who have been here a while and have been sharing camping experiences think of each other as friends. i enjoy the humor too. keep up the good work, @killeroy154

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqY_GliKYHdz1S1HNpnWG2TzAfLOA30jOV311PU-P3hFQquzs8Ww.jpg