• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Back In The Day

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
On Lake Louisa ...you bet it does. It has all the romance of a palace in the wilderness.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi_tHzwyO7XFOZbIWmXiByBA6lyiF-C1nDYgwthfwzVlj2LnWB.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpec5FygUVDjkir2Ols0j8MfQLHfFcCeoGVv38VZUJX2foCDPxgw.jpg

I've been there - but not the hotel - just couldn't afford it at the time. So...I bunked in a Youth Hostel instead.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJBclbbIXbPaLxaxKgn9G5GjQwUowFmn1D5t5vy53B8853KdBHsg.jpg
It wasn't bad either.

Few hotels in the world rival the majesty, hospitality and grandeur of Fairmont Banff Springs. Styled after a Scottish Baronial Castle, Fairmont Banff Springs hotel, a National Historical Site, is located in the heart of Banff National Park; a UNESCO World Heritage Site

Escape to Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Banff Springs
Escape to Willow Stream Spa within Fairmont Banff Springs to ease sore muscles and find your energy. This package includes an overnight stay, full spa access, a daily spa treatment plus breakfast. Price is for 2 adults. For a mere $689.00 plus tax. :)

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
On Lake Louisa ...you bet it does. It has all the romance of a palace in the wilderness.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi_tHzwyO7XFOZbIWmXiByBA6lyiF-C1nDYgwthfwzVlj2LnWB.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpec5FygUVDjkir2Ols0j8MfQLHfFcCeoGVv38VZUJX2foCDPxgw.jpg

I've been there - but not the hotel - just couldn't afford it at the time. So...I bunked in a Youth Hostel instead.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJBclbbIXbPaLxaxKgn9G5GjQwUowFmn1D5t5vy53B8853KdBHsg.jpg
It wasn't bad either.

Few hotels in the world rival the majesty, hospitality and grandeur of Fairmont Banff Springs. Styled after a Scottish Baronial Castle, Fairmont Banff Springs hotel, a National Historical Site, is located in the heart of Banff National Park; a UNESCO World Heritage Site

Escape to Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Banff Springs
Escape to Willow Stream Spa within Fairmont Banff Springs to ease sore muscles and find your energy. This package includes an overnight stay, full spa access, a daily spa treatment plus breakfast. Price is for 2 adults. For a mere $689.00 plus tax. :)
Sometimes I find myself so heavily torn with living here now and living here then. I guess it's a good thing we don't have a choice in the matter, I'd still be going back and forth and back and forth. I seriously think sometimes (more often then not) I'd pick simpler times over the technologies of today.
29ea0f12-f789-4f78-9f8a-213021c54381.jpg

Ah, but then
images-6.jpg

Like I said, I'm a mess, that's no compliment at my age. Some people go through a mid life crisis that hurts their partner or pocket book, mine seems to be one of ages.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...a dog waiting. Reese use to do that. He seemed to know what time it was and sit patiently knowing that I would arrive soon.

When it comes to the camping scene I'm suspicious of technology, but then again, it sure can be useful.

IMG_1144.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
That's a lot of cabbage for one night. Unbelievable. That's beyond my life style and budget. I just spent about that much on 4 new tires yesterday.
It's amazing isn't it? That is a wild amount of money to make as well. So far out of my league! This house we are staying at on at green lake goes for $1200.a week. Again out of my comfort zone. I get upset when I have to pay $25 a night to sleep on the ground somewhere. I guess Dancer lives a more 'high end ' life then I do. I've read in some 5 star hotels a stay can go for $5,000 a night. ??? Lindsey Lohan just got into trouble not so long ago racking up a bill of @ $35,000 for staying a week or was it five days! This is a pathetic thing for me to say but, not for me. I honestly will never see the value in that sort of living. Maybe it's just me defending my hillbilly life style, that would be another one of those mind things I'm not qualified to look in to.
tapatalk_1490624838538.jpeg

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...it just shows to go yah that we have spare bucks and there are a whole lot of people out there waiting to pluck them out of your hand. Like Barnum Bailey said, "There is a sucker born every minute."

But then again to be able to say I slept on the steps of the tash ma hall must say something. :(

upload_2017-6-16_9-57-58.jpeg

killeroy154

Survivalist
I guess you can look at it this way, the money you spend pays the salary for the employees there, and keeps the hotel in business so people will have the jobs, and what ever food, soaps, message oils, electric and water usage you use keeps people working also. It's a waste and an unproductive thing to greedily hoard personal wealth. I save money back for a rainy day and retirement, but I what I spend in my community keeps people in jobs. I guess there needs to be a balance because we need each other to keep the human race healthy and going.

I guess I am out of the ball park right now, so I'll leave it that.

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
I guess you can look at it this way, the money you spend pays the salary for the employees there, and keeps the hotel in business so people will have the jobs, and what ever food, soaps, message oils, electric and water usage you use keeps people working also. It's a waste and an unproductive thing to greedily hoard personal wealth. I save money back for a rainy day and retirement, but I what I spend in my community keeps people in jobs. I guess there needs to be a balance because we need each other to keep the human race healthy and going.

I guess I am out of the ball park right now, so I'll leave it that.
What you say makes perfectly understandable sense. I agree with most of it, I'm not sure if you intended to include the people that can afford to spend two weeks at a place that charges $600 a night, if so, I stop short of there. As far as supporting home town merchants...I'm with you all the way. I think shopping malls have played a big part of small town demise. But that's another discussion.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...but we are a rich society by and large. We have money for just about any and everything we want.

For me, like you, it is a question of balance. Just how much is enough? We teach and have taught that the individual is primary and the pursuit of happiness is the goal.

But you are right kilroy154 - we just leave it at that.

"Man...I can't believe there is another tent sale." "Let me see..."

:bear: Baden Bear here. "Stop that!" "You're not buying anything." "Ya gots to much stuff now - you don't need anymore tents - or anything else for that matter."

killeroy154

Survivalist
My parents gave me their tent a couple of months ago. I need to put it up to check out its condition, they have always taken care of their camping stuff. I think Dad and I used it last time maybe 10 years ago. Dad and I took a fishing trip to Florida then. Fished off some of the piers. Met people from all kinds, young, old, different ethnicities and some that looked like rif raf. Put a fishing pole in their hands and it was good times and good company. Most of the retired guys, including my Dad, sure would rub it in about how they were retired and didn't have to go to work any more. Yep fish and camp when ever they took a notion to. We had a great time, and camped for 5 days with, no women around. It was great.

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
I cant remember camping without the, Quiet she is sitting next to me.
I'm beginning to think your a plant, placed in this forum by WOMEN!
images-4.jpg

Yes, yes...you are a woman placed here to subvert our efforts to maintain our MAN CARDS!
images-10.jpg

Ooooohhhh, when we locate you!!! Baahhaaaaaaaa!