• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Best Instant Tent?

missyify

Survivalist
I bought one of these canopies early last year. Doesn't pack well and not bug resistant, but it fit in the bottom of my canoe when in its carry case. My nephew and I enjoyed it at base camp. We found out that you could store things like toilet paper, silverware pack, matches, paper towels and even hang pots and pans and dry clothing from the accordion frame under the canvas. We put the fire ring just under the edge of it and this would trap the heat under the roof for staying warm and drying clothes.

Of course we kept it neat and tidy so it wouldn't look like a rummage sale in the woods.
View attachment 1981

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That is what my mom normally brings and, yes, the frame is really useful. We usually string lights, bungee cord paper towels and other stuff. My husband is always happy about the paper towels my mom brings because I refuse to pack them and most other disposable items. Probably one of his biggest pet peeves about me because I'm like that at home, too lol.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Best Instant Tent. One that stays put and does not blow away or collapse, or leak in a rainstorm. :)

killeroy154

Survivalist
Best Instant Tent. One that stays put and does not blow away or collapse, or leak in a rainstorm. :)
Yes that's for sure. I had one that started dripping on me in the middle of the night. I don't like sleeping in a wet or damp bag. Next tent I buy will have taped seams.

missyify

Survivalist
Yes that's for sure. I had one that started dripping on me in the middle of the night. I don't like sleeping in a wet or damp bag. Next tent I buy will have taped seams.

You're telling me, ours leaked. Well, it also had holes in it. So now I'm looking for a family tent again...

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk