• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Beware of forest fire

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
Have you experienced being near a forest fire? Some summers ago, there was this forest fire in Quezon province right in the mountain that is visited by religious pilgrims. It was suspected that some hikers have left a fire that they used overnight which spread because of the dry grasses. Several pilgrims were injured by that forest fire and fortunately there was no casualty. For a responsible camper, fire should be extinguished lest you are courting a forest fire which not only would ruin the vegetation but also the animal life. When making fire to cook food, we sure to douse the fire with water when done. And if there is no water source, you can use the dirt (loose soil) to cover the fire with.

to7update

Novice Camper
Yeah, maybe 10 years ago I was near a fire, it was scary let me tell you. We were about to go kayaking, when the organization told us that it would be dangerous as the fire was approaching the river, so out of precaution we didn't go even if it was at a safe distance.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Wawa. It's is a little town on the Tans Canada Highway System. I was going home to visit my folks. The rolling black smoke tumbled across the highway for days. No one was going anywhere - like - no where. You couldn't the conditions were so bad.

upload_2017-4-2_17-45-23.jpeg
upload_2017-4-2_17-45-40.jpeg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8XwddxptCZAQrgxTfl1Cro3IB4XM7HSL55BA30RuG6w5-G20M.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScaPHnubZRb9YsoG10iYCS4_K-2QpiMA1akViKO31LfPt950c5.jpg
A water bomber at work.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbh6RhwoPUT8Q-FXOTY_StFmxAAGx2M6pVfwj3mq3cds_8JoSWcQ.jpg