• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Bon Echo - Joe Perry Lakes

campforums

Founder
Staff member
A few weeks back I came back from an amazing trip in Bon Echo Park. We stayed for 2 nights and 3 days and everything was amazing, we could not have asked for better weather. During our first canoe ride to the camp site from the canoe launch area we had some trouble navigating through a shallow swamp area and thought we were lost! We double back and found out that there was no other way through so we correctly decided to push on through to the other side. Once we got through the shallow area it was once again back to smooth waters.

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-30 at 7.37.56 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-30 at 7.37.56 PM(1).jpeg

When we got the actual camp site it was already starting to get dark so we had to work fast to get the tent up, gather some fire wood, sort out the bags and cook up some dinner with the remaining daylight. Here's a few more pictures from the trip, I hope everyone else had a epic camping summer also!

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-30 at 7.37.53 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-30 at 7.36.56 PM.jpeg

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Haha, I am sure he was. @BMWPOWER

The fire was the brightest we could see compared to the dim lights of other camp fires in the distance on long the edge of the lake.

killeroy154

Survivalist
Looks like there are lots of lakes up that way. Was that the first canoe in you've done? I wish we had natural lakes here.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
@killeroy154 not my first canoe trip, but the first one this season. I used to do canoe ins a lot when I was younger but this was the first one where I was the "trip lead".

And the lakes are indeed plentiful, you do have rivers though right?

killeroy154

Survivalist
Yes we do have rivers. Been planning a 3 day trip for October, but waiting on friend to find out if he's going. Promised my wife I wouldn't go alone camping out in middle of no where. Lots of industry and farm land run off in these rivers, but thanks to better conservation efforts and awareness, the water quality is improving. If I lived up in that area around Algonquin, my wife would never see me [emoji4]

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Ah yes, people can be pretty fickle at least I know my friends are. I have found that the best strategy is to just put the plans in motion and then say: "well camping trip is coming up, are you coming or not?"

Have you ever been to Algonquin? It is so big that you can go many times and practically never see the same place twice.

killeroy154

Survivalist
Ah yes, people can be pretty fickle at least I know my friends are. I have found that the best strategy is to just put the plans in motion and then say: "well camping trip is coming up, are you coming or not?"

Have you ever been to Algonquin? It is so big that you can go many times and practically never see the same place twice.
I have never been. I would love to go. I will go one of these days.