• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Brendan T. Byrne State Forest - March 17, 18, 19, 2017 - Hammock Camping

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
Giggle...Giggle, New Jersey is over a thousand miles away from me! That would have to be some party! Lol

I echo killeroy.....Welcome FootPathOne!
967cb524739b5c4f52093e9845d61bc8.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
Oops! "part" should be "party".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you only knew.....I make goof ups and out right mistakes 9 - 10 posts I make. You probably have auto correct, I'm learning to dislike it! [emoji6] Hang tight with us, you'll see we are all very forgiving when slip-ups are made and rather adapt at seeing what was truly meant rather than what was sent. This forum is serious, but hasn't forgotten how to have fun like other forums it there.

Again, welcome, well check out your hang from the links you sent. Cheers

Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
Thanks @Bibsoutdoors. Yep, it was some kind of part. Here is the link (I'm @Half Tread on this forum):

2017 Pinelands Campout - Brendan T Bryne State Forest, New Lisbon, NJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/URL]
Holy smokes, I just came from the web postings. What a good time! What s great turn out! That was indeed a great party. Fantastic gifts, was that you or greenfrog that win the Loca Libre Jalapeño top quilt from @george carr? Fantastic. It was difficult to tell what some of the prizes where, but the looks on people's faces indicated they were very pleased! Awesome photos posted, if you have more, share with us here. Man that looked like a great time!
5b8715212f996ff7647b1ecce3692773.jpg

Your getting together freaked out the State Police???
6008957db4622a1a45fc7b115a224c21.jpg
what was their deal??

I'm glad you shared, looked fantastic!

Bibsoutdoors

FootPathOne

Pathfinder
I'm the one in the blue (light / dark) jacket, in the 3rd photo from the top, on the "KILT!" posting.

Plus, I attempt to limit my mug being all over the net, so I would duck when I saw someone pointing a camera in my direction :)

Jokingly, NJ is known as the police state. I'm friends with a few people in law enforcement, and so are a few others in this event, so I hope it was posted "tongue in cheek" ( at least, that is my interpretation).

Do you have any photos of your hammock hangs?

FootPathOne

Pathfinder
be2eb746ccf2b521cd279f937988c5cf.jpg

One of my favorite caps, that was on my head at the NJ event. No question about where I stand :)

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist

One of my favorite caps, that was on my head at the NJ event. No question about where I stand :)

This picture didn't turn out fit some reason, try it again will you? I went back to take a look at your photo you mentioned, yep, you're safe, I couldn't pick you out of a line up based on that photo! Lol

I haven't gotten the courage up yet (Being a newbie and all) to ask Erick if it might be possible to add a section where we can upload camping photos of a general nature. I thought it would be fun if people could upload photos they didn't use in telling us there experiences of their trip out. It's a weakness of mine to look at posted camp pictures.

Often I get ideas on setting up my camp and tweaking things I do just by looking at others photos.

In answer to your question, yes, I have several photos of hammock, tent and bivy camp trips. I just don't know how to introduce them into this forum without a "photo album"page or something to that effect. I'm sure Camping Babble has thought of this and has some kind of place to post photos, I haven't found it yet, but I'm anything but the brightest bulb in the pack! I'll see what I can do, in the mean time I hope you do the same!
8c411c467e42cfde76514a5f6c31d848.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

FootPathOne

Pathfinder
Oh, there your hat is. Yes, no question there! Ha ha.
5ac6bd715adfa2cc1eeed9b56a024e7e.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

Incredible graphics! In the words of Johnny Van Zant of LS: "My hair's turning white, My neck's always been red, My collar's still blue, ..." (note: I don't deserve the honor of being called a redneck - the other two apply).

FootPathOne

Pathfinder
This picture didn't turn out fit some reason, try it again will you? I went back to take a look at your photo you mentioned, yep, you're safe, I couldn't pick you out of a line up based on that photo! Lol

I haven't gotten the courage up yet (Being a newbie and all) to ask Erick if it might be possible to add a section where we can upload camping photos of a general nature. I thought it would be fun if people could upload photos they didn't use in telling us there experiences of their trip out. It's a weakness of mine to look at posted camp pictures.

Often I get ideas on setting up my camp and tweaking things I do just by looking at others photos.

In answer to your question, yes, I have several photos of hammock, tent and bivy camp trips. I just don't know how to introduce them into this forum without a "photo album"page or something to that effect. I'm sure Camping Babble has thought of this and has some kind of place to post photos, I haven't found it yet, but I'm anything but the brightest bulb in the pack! I'll see what I can do, in the mean time I hope you do the same!
8c411c467e42cfde76514a5f6c31d848.jpg

Bibsoutdoors
I like your gear selection - good to see that we think alike in this area (keep it to a minimum - the Horace Kephart way).

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
I like your gear selection - good to see that we think alike in this area (keep it to a minimum - the Horace Kephart way).
I like keeping things to a minimum when I'm bivy camping. I add more when hammock camping. Truck load when my wife and I go car camping!
941728a98e080e5cbf229731f41bc37e.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

FootPathOne

Pathfinder
I like keeping things to a minimum when I'm bivy camping. I add more when hammock camping. Truck load when my wife and I go car camping!
941728a98e080e5cbf229731f41bc37e.jpg

Bibsoutdoors
"car camping"? My wife brings the kitchen, bathroom, and clothes closet :) I'm glad that roof racks are expensive otherwise we would buy one so she can bring the lawn furniture (joke)!