• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Broiled vegetables

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
I have learned this cooking from our scout master. What we cook are usually tropical vegetables like watercress, eggplant, tubers, even the banana bloom or whatever you call it. Properly wrapped in banana leaves, the cooking is done by covering it with big stones. And over the stones will be placed the firewood or live charcoal. It takes just about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the kind of vegetables. The only seasoning is a dash of salt but the best is fish sauce which gives the broiled vegetables a nice aroma.

rz3300

Explorer
I am not sure that I have ever had a banana bloom but now I want to add that to my list of things to try. No better way to experience it I guess then out at the campsite surrounded by some good sites. It just sounds like I would like it too.