• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camp Fire Meals & Treats Using Tinfoil

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Using tinfoil in cooking foods can be practical, as well as, safe time and end up with tasty meals and yummy desserts that your whole family will enjoy. I like making Hobo meals of mixed veggies & meat, but there are lots more creative choices and tinfoil is the most important tool to use in this type of cooking.
Here are 5 campfire foods you can make using tinfoil.

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
At home, we broil fish using tinfoil. When I was young, my mother would broil milkfish using a banana leaf. But I noticed that the juice of the fish would trickle and the cooked fish is dry. When I had my own family, I started using tinfoil when broiling fish. The tinfoil not only preserves the juice but also maximizes the heat of the charcoal. In one camping trip, I remember my brother-in-law cooking vegetables over fire with the use of tinfoil. The broccoli and carrots with butter tasted like we were in a hotel restaurant.