• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping with the boys

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
When you say camping, what comes to mind is the somewhat primitive ways of living like improvising what nature can provide. But I have seen that camping can be more fun if you can do what you enjoy doing. An uncle goes camping with his friends in the woods. They have guns, tents and all the trimmings of a camper. But what they mostly do is play cards for money. Yeah, they are gambling in the campsite. I don’t know the real purpose of those guys but I guess they enjoy playing cards more with nature as the backdrop. In fairness to them, they also hunt for their food otherwise they go hungry. And at night, you can expect them to be drinking. I can imagine what a good night’s sleep they have on those trips.

Jason76

Novice Camper
Drinking is fun but how much would it interfere with judgement? You wouldn't want to be robbed or do "drinking and hunting", LOL. Anyway, I know it's all in good fun, but what precautions are needed?

Yeah, they are gambling in the campsite. I don’t know the real purpose of those guys but I guess they enjoy playing cards more with nature as the backdrop.
In cowboy days, I'm sure card playing was all they had to do most of the time. And of course, ventures into town allowed the real good ones to bet money!

Last edited: