• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Canisbay Lake

Northern Dancer

Survivalist

upload_2017-10-4_23-8-15.jpeg

upload_2017-10-4_23-5-16.jpeg

It is the first time in my camping life that I experienced
four seasons in one week.
On Tuesday afternoon we were swimming in Canisbay Lake
enjoying the warmth of the day.
By Saturday the temperatures had fallen to minus three - hot stove weather.

upload_2017-10-4_23-9-20.jpeg

What I looked like in the dark - lots of lighting and
wholesome heat to keep me warm.

My Buddy had a better camera and took the pictures.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Wow that's a big swing in temperature. How'd your new stove do?
-----> On the Tuesday afternoon it was 31 [87.8 American] and by Friday evening it was -3 [26.6 American]. Ideal test weather.
First I tried regular wood and it roared up to 40 [104]. That's a bit much - so I reduced the feed and it was a lot better. I would have liked to try hard wood but there wasn't any. The soft wood burns far to fast. So then I tried pressed logs - the four hour duration. I chopped them into two and surprising enough the half log burned approximately two and a half hours. The burn was a lot more even and the temperature hung around the 22 - 26 degree mark which is just fine. I think the hard wood do very well too. I liked the unit.

I was especially concerned with the numerous videos I watched and consumers reports that I read. I didn't experience any of the problems sited. I have an idea that some of the complainers may have had unrealistic expectations. AND this unit cost me $75.00 and change. A far cry from the pricey stoves that I saw advertised in other places. :)

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
75?? I would've figured lot more for that stove. Sounds like it does very well.
-----> Like I say, "I never buy anything unless it's on sale."

:bear: Baden Bear here. "He's right - he never buys anything unless it is on sale." "Ever been with him when he is touring an outdoor store?" "Sales people are afraid of him."