• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Corn on the cob

happyflowerlady

Survivalist
This is a super easy way to shuck the corn off the cob, and you do not even get any cornsilk left on the corn when you do it this easy way.
The instructions are for RV campers who would have a microwave in their camper; but the idea should work just as well for corn cooked in a barbeque, or the coals of your campfire.
You can always save the little dabs of cooked corn left over to use as fish bait !

campforums

Founder
Staff member
That is pretty cool how it slides right out, I don't find shucking to be too much work though but if you are cooking for a lot of people then I guess this could save you a lot of time. Are you sure it would work the same way on a BBQ or fire though? I think the reason it slides out is because of the moisture between the shuck and the corn that microwaving it creates. BBQ and fires are a much more dry heat, I will have to try to confirm.

ashley0323

Novice Camper
This is legit! This is how we shuck our corn when we are out camping! We generally have anywhere from 10-30 people (family outings) and it saves tons of time! It slides right off and doesnt leave those pesky little silk lines.