• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Eating snails

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
Have you eaten escargot or the plain river snails? For the first-timer, it would taste like rubber and some would even eat with their eyes closed. But you will start appreciating if you savor the taste. The cooking of snails here is with coconut milk and mixed with water hyacinth or spinach plus moringa leaves for nutrition. The dish is usually food for the drinkers. It is served in drinking sessions particularly to men who drink coconut wine called lambanog.

rz3300

Explorer
Well even though there is the fancy name for it and you can get it expensive and all of that, I still get a little sick just thinking about it, but at the same time kind of want to try them. I bet they are decent, and I just need to get over the sensation.