• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Greenbrier River Campground, West Virginia

actadh

Explorer
Just booked a 3 day July 4th getaway at Greenbrier River Campground for 2015.

I happened to see their Facebook post today that they had a few cancellations. Not only is it the 4th celebration, but it is also the weekend of the Greenbrier Classic, so to book a reservation as late as February is rare.

We don't golf, but there are plenty of other activities in the area. This will be our second trip. We went for leaf peeping last fall and made it a priority to return in 2015.

Here is a bigger picture of my avatar, which was taken as we were leaving the campsite last year. It is a view of the tent sites next to the Greenbrier River.
Greenbrier view.jpg

MacGyver

Survivalist
I love it. That looks just like where I'm always going in western Maryland. I guess it should - Green Ridge State Forest is right along the Potomac River. On the other side is West Virginia. The Fall was great this year. I guess because of the weather circumstances, the colors stuck around longer than usual.