• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hammock strap knots

killeroy154

Survivalist
I do need to practice my hammock strap knots more. One of the knots I learned from youtube. I don't think I did it right because it kept tightening up, so I had to readjust it a couple of times. It also rolled my strap edges unnh I don't like that. The other knot I learned in a book. This isn't exactly a knot, but I think works very well. Hook your hammock on metal ring end of strap, go around tree with other end and pull to desired hammock tension. Go around tree one more time, and tuck this next wrap under the first wrap. When weight is put on the hammock it squeezes the strap against the tree. This never loosened on me, and I never had to retighten it.
a766785907a72bb4fa1e6f6a553a2aa4.jpg
I'll work on it and let you know.

Whoa got a little dizzy. Trying new chemical here at work. Now what was I talking about? I wonder if they say any thing here at work if I string my hammock up between these I-beams?? Wow I got killer munchies. Going to see what we have in vending machin...

Work LeSS CAmp MoRe
8cc71ee831e4d3209d7d9edbf8c89195.jpg