• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hi everyone

George_Mainwarin

Novice Camper
Hi everyone thanks for the welcome! We're a family of eight just getting back into the outdoors here in Southern California. Any must camp locations would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...nothing like taking a baseball team camping. :) We are an international camping group so the skies are the limit. California has some of the finest camping parks anywhere. I've learned that starting at home can be rewarding before taking off to other locations.

I've never had the pleasure of family camping - it should be a lot of fun. Though I have canoe/camped with groups as big as twelve and camped with a group as large as 14,000. [Scout's Canada Jamboree]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBOivjx0kg8tJ6diQqwcnB8crDdg-kokrzroECstP733KeOrkM2A.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
Hi everyone thanks for the welcome! We're a family of eight just getting back into the outdoors here in Southern California. Any must camp locations would be greatly appreciated.

The National Park service is going all out this year to help people get out. They even have free apps for your phone so you can find parks closest to you and they highlight all the activities in any park you choose to look at. I don't know if this would help in your situation, if so check them out. You can get a mobile app off play store found in your phone. I don't have a computer but I'm sure they have one for those as well. Check out the National Parks system on line for that. There are also numerous camping forums in California with copious amounts of information available for free, especially if you have a place in mind. A wild shot might also be to putt into the U-Tube search engine what you would like to see what kind of videos are out there in your subject. Good luck, others here may have alternative suggestions. Oh one more, Backpacker Magazine (online service) is another source for California (well all over, but, they have hundreds of articles for the California area.)

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist

George_Mainwarin

I read last night that the National Parks will give you a free pass to use all year (this year) since you have children. Just a thought your way.