• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hi from Jason

Jason76

Novice Camper
I'm from Northeastern Tennessee, a place which has a lot of spectacular mountains, and is situated in an area close to Southwest Virginia and Western North Carolina which have much of the same. Anyhow, my hobbies, besides hiking and camping, include jogging, playing music, and travel. I hope to learn a lot about camping on the forum, and it seems jam packed with information.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Your avatar look like something out of a horror movie, then I realized it was just a monkey :bear:

Welcome aboard!

killeroy154

Survivalist
Goshen valley, I used to ride bicycle thru there. I grew up on beech creek about a mile from E C Dyckes store. Your real close to Laurel Run. Did you grow up in valley?

Jason76

Novice Camper
Goshen valley, I used to ride bicycle thru there. I grew up on beech creek about a mile from E C Dyckes store. Your real close to Laurel Run. Did you grow up in valley?
I grew up there. Too bad about the store. It seems like they want to tear down everything of historical value - like what happened with the theater in Rogersville.

Last edited:

killeroy154

Survivalist
The old Roxy Theater was bought by the Hale Springs Inn. The facade was purchased by Otis Eldridge up on Caney Creek rd. when the theater was torn down. He has a car show there around memorial day every year, and he has that among other things setup for the public to view. It's a very large 2 day event. My mother in law worked at the theater many years ago.

I drove by the area, a couple of weeks ago, where Dykes store once stood. I remember when it snowed and we were out of school, I would walk the mile up to the store and listen to some of the local farmers talk about crops, weather and the older days. We would all be sitting around the pot belly stove. I remember watching misses Dykes writing everything that was purchased in her ledger. I would love to have a copy of that. I probably purchased my first cigars there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk