• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

How To Get Back Into A Kayak Safely

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
I have been seriously thinking about getting a kayak this summer to explore the quiet inlets and streams that feed our larger rivers and lakes, and dams. The biggest question I get is if you fall out by rolling the kayak over or by accident how are you going to get back in the boat by yourself? Well I thought about that a lot and thought well I could buy a flatter kayak or one that is better stabilized that would make rolling or tipping it over less likely, as well as, wear a life preserver to help me float and just learn how to get back in the boat. Here are some video's that show the easiest ways to get back in depending on the type & size of kayak your riding in.

killeroy154

Survivalist
They sure make it look easy. I've been in a kayak, but I have flipped my canoe a few times. Never been to far from shore or to deep of water when I flipped either. Good information.