• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Huge cave with river and jungles in it, Vietnam

happyflowerlady

Survivalist
Maybe there really IS a Hollow Earth? This magnificent hidden forest/jungle complete with rivers, beaches, and all the greenery you could ever want is deep inside an 87 mile long cave in the Vietnamese mountains. A river has worked its way under a mountain, carving skylights and valleys as it went through the rock inside the mountain.

The cave was discovered by a farmer, and has since been explored by many people. The camping tour is about a week long and you will actually be trekking through the cave during the day and camping along the river at night. The views here are spectacular, and it just makes you think that we have discovered a new "Garden of Eden", lost for eons, here in this immense cave.

When you check out the link; be sure to watch the video at the bottom of the page. It is a fly-through of the cave with pictures that were taken by a drone, and they are just amazing! I would love to be able to see the inside of this hidden world.

http://www.enlightened-planet.com/2015/03/a-farmer-saw-hole-in-rock-and-inside.html

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Quite an interesting story and beautiful pictures. That is a long cave being 87 miles long, a person could get lost in there for years. :cool::eek:

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Wow thanks for posting this, that is incredible. How does the forest/jungle work though? Some of the pictures in the link you posted it actually doesn't even look dark (like I expect most caves to be). Is that just because they brought in some powerful lights to help with the photography?

happyflowerlady

Survivalist
@campforums , from what I read, it is almost its own little world down there. Apparently there are places where the top of the mountains have caved in over the centuries, so now the sunlight can shine in, it would get some rain probably; and birds and other flying creatures could fly in and out where it is open at the top. Animals would have come in through one of the side caves, probably.

If it didn't get enough natural sunlight, it could never be so luxuriant and green down there. I think it explains it all on the webpage somewhere.