• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

...just having some fun

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
:bear: NOTHING INTENDED....NOTHING IMPLIED...KEEPING IT SIMPLE...just having some fun on a cold Sunday evening. [I'm not a TV watcher.]

zkfmtu.jpg

Do we have any artists in the crowd that might consider designing a crest?

Last edited:

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Interesting, I think you somehow managed to find the exact tree icon that I used when I created the logo for the top of the site. The two moose are an interesting touch and as a rough mock-up up I quite like it.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Interesting, I think you somehow managed to find the exact tree icon that I used when I created the logo for the top of the site. The two moose are an interesting touch and as a rough mock-up up I quite like it.
Thanks - I didn't want to offend you. The other one I had posted for a bit had a campfire in the middle and I started with "where campers meet" I was just musing. Though, for sure if there was a crest it would be on my jacket, or if a sticker, on the car window.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
No offense taken, I suppose having some official stickers or patches would be neat. If you're interested, I can give you the files I used for the logos and such to work with.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
No offense taken, I suppose having some official stickers or patches would be neat. If you're interested, I can give you the files I used for the logos and such to work with.
I was just playing around - but yes, if you have the file. It could be a fun project.

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Are you interested in having such a patch made?? I know of a on-line site that makes patches to put on clothing and hats if your interested I will send it to you.

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
If used for this site I like the fire best in the middle. It is as you say warm and inviting. I would sew this patch on my denim jacket to advertise this site. I will look for the link to the site i mentioned. :)

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
If used for this site I like the fire best in the middle. It is as you say warm and inviting. I would sew this patch on my denim jacket to advertise this site. I will look for the link to the site i mentioned. :)
Thank you. I thought the fire was a better idea too considering that we are international with many different backgrounds and situations but all having similar interests in terms of camping. I believe a fire is warm and inviting and as a friend said, "...it never grows old." I have a lead on a commercial artist that might help in professionalizing the design. It was, as noted, something that I was musing with on a cold Sunday evening.

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Two sites i found that make patches include one in USA, www.patchsupply.com and one in Canada, www.kingpins.ca
I think you did really good on your own, it really looks nice.

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
I figured you did, it's nice. What do the words mean?

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Is it written in French Canadian?

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Is it written in French Canadian?
I thought about using French - but I dropped French after I got my high school credit.

It's Latin. [I'm even worse at Latin than I am with French.] All my base camps are called, Corroboro Lodge , no matter what kind of equipment I use. It is a Latin word too and it means "Place of Strength."

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
I am only good at English, but I have always thought that Latin was a beautiful. Maybe it is because of hearing it used in the movies so much. Anyways you picked a good motto for your camp crest. It seems to fit with your outdoor personality and love of camping.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
I am only good at English, but I have always thought that Latin was a beautiful. Maybe it is because of hearing it used in the movies so much. Anyways you picked a good motto for your camp crest. It seems to fit with your outdoor personality and love of camping.
Thank you. I muse myself during the winter months on things like this. I'm afraid that this year I overextended myself with the adverse weather we had.