• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Morning drift fishing

killeroy154

Survivalist
Grabbed a couple of hours of sleep after work yesterday morning, got up to sun shine and headed for the river. The banks were a little steep to get into the canoe safely, so I searched the near by feeder creek. I found this one spot where I slid the canoe under the fence to the water. It was a bit muddy so after I got in I removed my shoes, and the fishing began. I exited the creek to the open river. The water was a little high due to lots of rain in past week, but the water was pretty clear, and cold. After 3 hours my back was getting sore, the fishing wasn't the best, and the wind was cutting me into the banks pretty quickly. I decided to cut my trip a little short and headed to a likely spot I could exit close to the trail. I put my dolly wheels under the canoe, and took off back toward the vehicle. It took maybe 45 min to go the 1.5 miles back. I stopped a couple of times to look around and once to let a couple pass so I wouldn't spook their horses. Horses are suspicious of funny looking things with round legs. It was a good morning of canoeing that I really needed, oh and the exercise is a plus also.View attachment 4556
20180316_120704.jpg
20180316_122730.jpg
20180316_134522.jpg
20180316_124305.jpg
20180316_140858.jpg
20180316_144747.jpg

MickiO

Novice Camper
Makes me wanna get out and do some exploring the trails Your story made me feel like I went along for the ride :) Was hoping to hear you caught a fish or had a bite, or seen a fish jump, but it is early in the season, enjoyed your story, Thankyou for sharing Nice pix I will looked forward new adventures, keep us updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killeroy154

Survivalist
Hello and welcome MickiO. I enjoy getting out anytime I can, and enjoy posting pictures and things. I sort of went through a phase where I thought unless I had some big multi day camping trip, that I shouldn't post anything. Well I take what I can get, and love it. I hit the river again yesterday, but it was raining and the river was up and rolling. I saw where a beaver was working very hard on this tree. Ya ever wonder if the tree falls on its predator? Hmm maybe that keeps the stupid beavers out of the gene pool. Ha
20180402_103150.jpg
20180402_104342.jpg