• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Mount Pulag in the Philippines

gracer

Explorer
Hi guys! :)

This is one of the places I want to go to with my family one of these days but it is still under an environmental rehabilitation and conservation at the moment so no one is allowed to hike and camp in the area for some time.

It is located in the northern part of the Philippines and it is the highest peak in this area of the country. Hundreds of hikers and campers flock the mountain every day that's why the local government has decided to close the area from tourists for awhile to rehabilitate it.

It has been famously known for its beautiful sunrise so hikers would usually camp at dawn to witness the glorious sunshine. Campers who stay there for a night get to witness the wonderful rising of the sun very early in the morning when they wake up.

Here's a link to a blog which shows some of the beautiful pictures of Mount Pulag:

Give Me 3 Minutes and I’ll Make You Want to Climb Mt. Pulag

Last edited:

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
I have several friends who have been to that famous peak. With their invitation, I was tempted to try it. However, I was quite discouraged when I learned that trekking is a physical ordeal. At my age, I am conscious of my limitations regarding physical strength, stamina and durability. But until now I am trying to find a way to reach the peak comfortably. One advice I received was to go in summer.