• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

My essentials for camping

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
When I was still single but already had a job, I was still joining camping trips with the boy scouts upon the invitation of the scout master who was my close friend. The essential things in my bag aside from the hunting knife and water bottle (used to be the metal water canteen) are the nylon rope, metal tong for broiling, matches, old newspaper, and my sleeping needs. I also bring some candies because I had the habit of eating a candy when on a hike. And if it is a survival hunting which means we wouldn't bring any food, I would bring salt and sugar. What more can you add?

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Essentials for me include

Shelter
that includes tent and tarp and proper clothing
Sleeping System
which usually includes sleeping bag and pad
Food Stuffs
menu items and snacks including water filtration system
food barrel and pulley
Other
various utensils including cook set and mess kit, tools, rope, first aid kit,
head lamp, knife, hatchet etc.
and back/canoe pack
Hygiene
things that keep me safe and clean

canoe
related items as necessary

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

Essentials for me include

Shelter
that includes tent and tarp and proper clothing
Sleeping System
which usually includes sleeping bag and pad
Food Stuffs
menu items and snacks including water filtration system
food barrel and pulley
Other
various utensils including cook set and mess kit, tools, rope, first aid kit,
head lamp, knife, hatchet etc.
and back/canoe pack
Hygiene
things that keep me safe and clean

canoe
related items as necessary

View attachment 4671

View attachment 4672

I like that tent! And lists about camping are my favorite lists. Yours seems complete, but I would add cards, games, books, drawing materials

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...the wonder and excitement of having children along makes for a different camp experience and a fun one at that. When I'm tripping I look to eliminate any extras if possible. My canoe can take up to seven hundred pounds - but when you have two adults and a dog there isn't much room left. Though, I do have a few luxury items that I take. My compact, lightweight, camping chair would be one of them.

When I'm at base camp I can bring anything and often do. :)

IMG_0788.jpg
Base Camp allows me to have any luxury I desire.

Wow...that looks so organized and comfy. My last camping trip was wild, with 8 adults, 10 kids and four dogs. Six nights, sev3n days. It was messy sometimes but fun with the nearest campsite way down the road. I need the next one to be much quieter.

Attachments

killeroy154

Survivalist
Yes he does have a cozy looking set-up. Hmm almost like..... glamping? Ya don't like have a hot tub behind that tent, do ya?

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
@killeroy154 as you know I tend to be away for longer periods of time than most folks and I camp alone for the most part. I've got lots of time to putter and play and work on gadgets and the like. I've never lacked for comfort and always willing to try new stuff.

@Liz_simmons707 I directed youth camps for a number of years and always enjoyed the youthful noise and shenanigans of the staff. There would be some good memories of your experience and things to talk about when you get together with friends. Camping affords an opportunity to get close to others in a special way. I think we get more bang for the buck too.