• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

New to Camping?

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
I like to think that I'm a bit of a green horn when it comes to camping
because there are always new experiences and opportunities to embrace
outdoor life in all its many features.
It seems to me every day brings new gizmos and gadgets and possibilities; new challenges and quests that capture the spirit of imagination and adventure. So camping is never stale or stagnant and the chance for self exploration and building ones confidence is never ending.

The wonderful thing about camping is it encompasses all ages, styles, attitudes, stages, finances, characters; amateur, professional, learned and ignorant - from hunting to fishing, from the photographer, the hiker and everyone in between. It can be done individually or in groups in just about any kind of terrain, from the cold winters of the north, to the hot sands of a desert, to the steamy jungles of somewhere, to the tranquil lake side to the heights of majestic mountains. You can use every type of shelter imaginable and you can do just about anything you want - an experience in true freedom.

All the while there is the possibility of meeting kindred people and enjoying impromptu friendships.

I hope you get the chance to build a lot of campfires.

upload_2017-12-30_20-43-14.png

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
This just in....
upload_2018-1-12_12-42-25.jpeg
CHECK OUT THEIR SITE
SHARE, ENJOY
The Power of a Campfire
: In this issue we look at the campfire from every perspective. How to build them, how to fuel them, and most importantly, how to enjoy them. Especially on a cold day, a campfire gathers outdoors people together like no other force in nature. It's always been that way.

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
In the olden days when I was very active in camping and hunting, the digital technology was still unheard of. It would have been great if we had taken photos of those camping trips. Regarding the newbie feeling, i always feel that way too whenever I would go to a new campsite that is new to me. There are lots to discover, from the flora and fauna to the presence of water, hills and sights. And depending on my companions, those trips to a new campsite are always challenging when it comes to the location of our camp. Usually it is an issue to be argued upon but almost always, we would all agree after the voting of hands.

rz3300

Explorer
Well that is really the beauty of it in that there is never an end and always something left to explore. I guess when you see it that way we are all kind of amateurs in our own right, at least for those places we have not been.