• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Packing Big and Light...

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
- READY FOR CANOE TRIPS -

I wanted [note that I said wanted, not needed] a light canoe
tripping tent. I like to stand up and walk in
without crouching down.
And when it rains I want a bed sitting room
instead of coffin
so I can stretch out in a comfortable chair
and read a good book.
So this is it...

IMG_1055.jpg

The new and greatly improved
OUT BACK LODGE 10 X 10 OUT FITTERS TENT.

Pros? - weights 23 pounds,
has a solid rain protection around the door entrance,
on the left bottom side of the door [not seen] is
a zippered opening for cord or fuel line,
the air vent above the door can be closed,
this is a three season tent and
designed for six men,
[Sorry, not in my tent!:finger:]
one single pole in the centre,
enabling one person to put it up.

Cons? - I didn't see anything I didn't like.
This one was purchased for a specific application
and I studied and examined this product
to assure that it was the one I needed
for the task I selected.

killeroy154

Survivalist
Good looking tent. I always wondered if the center pole posed any problems. Looks like the wind wouldn't effect it much either. Good choice and thanks for review. [emoji106]

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
I've tested the tent to assure myself that I'm satisfied with the product. It will be used at a base canoe camp. As I mentioned I like to stand up and if there is inclement weather it's nice to walk around a bit to stretch one's legs. It is unusual because of the door peak. I have two other tents that have a peak like this one - it's fabulous when it rains or snows.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Good looking tent. I always wondered if the center pole posed any problems. Looks like the wind wouldn't effect it much either. Good choice and thanks for review. [emoji106]
-----> I've never had any problem with the tents that I have with centre poles. It is my practice to put a decorative disk at the bottom to protect my floors. Having the one centre pole enables me to put the tent up by myself without assistance.