• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Quick Snack/meal

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
For hiking, canoeing, back packing, trail biking a quick and immediate full snack/meal for a $1.00 in our neck of the woods. Even comes with its own fork.

upload_2017-7-25_12-17-49.jpeg
upload_2017-7-25_12-18-5.jpeg
upload_2017-7-25_12-20-27.jpeg

upload_2017-7-25_12-24-9.jpeg
upload_2017-7-25_12-24-53.jpeg

Fast, efficient, cheap and good tasting. Dollar Store and Dollar Tree as well as similar type stores will have these and other products on the shelf.

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
During my boyhood, what we bring for camping trips are canned goods and dried fish, that's aside from the rice. But now, boy scouts are lucky because there are the so called one-pack meal that is edible and palatable even without re-heating. As the blurb says, you eat is straight from the pack. Baked beans, corned beef, and other meal foods. I just don't know if there is cooked rice that is packed but it is best to cook your rice in the campsite. Even here at home, we have those baked beans in tetra pack that I eat for breakfast once in a while.

rz3300

Explorer
Well very few things can compete with some good rice on the trail, especially if it is a longer trip and you need that full feeling. Rice and beans has always been our go to when we need to cook anything, and there are never any complaints.

killeroy154

Survivalist
I love red beans and rice, except before bed. I had a bad experience with that once, so now I always take some antacid when I go camping.