• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Red Pine Lake

killeroy154

Survivalist
1af211797fcbf34659bac1fbad82c712.jpg
yep you done ruined the game. You could've dropped clues and had us figure out where you were going to be. That is a beautiful area. Sorry I'm not stalking you, I don't think, I just love maps. Some one mentioned how fortunate I was being near these rivers and mountains, but Algonquin is unbelievably a gorgeous looking area. If I ever go there they would have to send in the Canadian Mounted police to get me out. I wouldn't want to leave.

What about the island in the middle of the lake? Can you camp on that or is it restricted? That would be awsome! I would have to take a trip to Nunikani Lake along that river south west. It amazes me how either the lakes are connected by rivers or are only a short portage by land.

Yep one of these days, your going to hear on the news how the mounties had to remove some old long haired bearded hillbilly that has been hiding and camping in that area.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Thank you - you got that right. It is the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (not Mountain Police as Rolling Stone reported). :) Though it would be Provincial Police that would be coming to get you - they are identified with sky blue bands on their caps.

The Haliburton Highlands (Water Trail) is just underneath Algonquin Park and has been a choice area of mine for years. It is easily accessed from the Kennisis Lake Dam and joy - there are no portages necessary. The island has one camp site but the whole area is dotted with other sites designed for the single, small group and large group (12 or more campers). The large sites are exclusively reserved for campers coming through from the various youth camps and groups in the area. There are day time only sites as well. Each as you might expect have a thunder box but that's it for the immensities.

upload_2017-7-27_10-56-59.jpeg

upload_2017-7-27_10-58-15.jpeg

upload_2017-7-27_10-59-26.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpg
IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg

This cluster of pictures are taken on the island.

I've camped at Sherborne Lake though I tend to avoid it because the access road is like driving through a jungle. If your car breaks down you are in deep trouble. There is a sign at the beginning of the road that advises tow trucks will not come to your rescue.

Yep...I understand that the fishing is good.

You can check it all out by going to the HALIBURTON HIGHLAND WATER WAY TRAILS site.

I'll make sure I take a photo of the "toilet seat".

Attachments

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Oohh ooohhh I'm so jealous! I hope you have great time and I look forward to seeing some pictures.
-----> THANKS. All the stuff is piled here and there to be packed into the barrels. Still working on reducing the amount of equipment but there always seems to be one more item I've just got to take. :(