• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Responsible camper – vandals and litterbugs

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
Are you a responsible camper? Do you subscribe to the saying that take only pictures and leave only footprints? It’s disgusting to see writings on the bark of the trees. I thought all along that campers are environmentalists and that they love nature. So why spoil nature with vandalism? And talk of trash, I have been to so many campsites, resorts and wilderness, and I always find trash, at least candy wrappers. And even if there is a law against littering and vandalism in forests, I don’t think that bad habit will be curtailed.

rz3300

Explorer
Well it is hard to be completely invisible or close to it, but I would like to think that I am closer to the only footprint side than the other side. It bugs me to see others who are far from responsible, but I do know that I could probably do better myself.