• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Scary camping sites in your region.

ptahm22

Novice Camper
Some camping sites are branded haunted or scary based on myths. Others are just victims of circumstances. With much said, some are real and if you're not careful things may get pretty bad for you as a camper. Where I come from there's such a place, it's called The Hell's Gate. A section within this place is called the Devil's bedroom. Not many people dare to go in there. A certain group of campers went to this place despite the warnings. An old man grazing his sheep around this place told them to be careful when going in but they didn't listen. Flush floods came from nowhere and found them inside. Only one survived, all the rest drowned. I hope I didn't get you too scared but that's not the first incident. There have been many other tragic occurrences.
Are there such places in your country?

After the Modoc Indian war in far north California, Indians began haunting the place (Lava Beds National Monument). I put a blog post about it at Ghosts Haunt the Lava Beds | EXPLORE! Blog One story from 1894:
"It was about an hour that we sat thus, and then we all had an experience. The night air was the least bit chilly and there was some wind stirring. From the western side of the spot came a series of weird sounds like drawn-out moans. Sometimes they were quite loud and at others low and almost indistinct. We felt decidedly creepy and , to cut matters short, we sat through that night hearing these sounds at intervals. At daylight you can’t we lost no time in wending our way out of the lava beds. And while I have no desire to go there again I know my friends could not be hired to spend a night there for untold wealth."

I did some other posts around halloween. See: Search results for "halloween" | EXPLORE! Blog
Anything like that in your part of the world??

ruk18th

Some camping sites are branded haunted or scary based on myths. Others are just victims of circumstances. With much said, some are real and if you're not careful things may get pretty bad for you as a camper. Where I come from there's such a place, it's called The Hell's Gate. A section within this place is called the Devil's bedroom. Not many people dare to go in there. A certain group of campers went to this place despite the warnings. An old man grazing his sheep around this place told them to be careful when going in but they didn't listen. Flush floods came from nowhere and found them inside. Only one survived, all the rest drowned. I hope I didn't get you too scared but that's not the first incident. There have been many other tragic occurrences.
Are there such places in your country?
So, where is this place located?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
One scary campsite is that one by the foot of Taal Volcano in the Philippines. So many testimonies that the place is enchanted and that campers who do not give respect to the invisible inhabitants will get sick. The volcano is situated in an island although it is just less than half an hour by boat from the mainland. There is a resort in the island with horseback riding and restaurants as well for the convenience of the campers. But if you know the proper behavior in that enchanted island then nothing bad will happen to you.

Jasmin Cottontail

Novice Camper
There's this one mountain in our country called Mt. Cristobal which is also known as The Devil's Mountain. It is said that the mountain is pure of evil entities and negative energies that it's not recommended for campers and tourists. They even say that it is owned by the devil which is somehow terrifying. Haven't been there, neither seen it but people who have been there said that it's a eerie and haunted place. They said that some of it's entities pretends to be your companion when you go hiking or camping and lures you into trap which is really creepy :eek:

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
There's this one mountain in our country called Mt. Cristobal which is also known as The Devil's Mountain. It is said that the mountain is pure of evil entities and negative energies that it's not recommended for campers and tourists. They even say that it is owned by the devil which is somehow terrifying. Haven't been there, neither seen it but people who have been there said that it's a eerie and haunted place. They said that some of it's entities pretends to be your companion when you go hiking or camping and lures you into trap which is really creepy :eek:
=====> :)
So...you are from the Philippines. Interesting. Your country is beautiful and no doubt has many interesting places and sites to see. Camping there would be so much different to the kind of camping we have here in Canada.

Jasmin Cottontail

Novice Camper
=====> :)
So...you are from the Philippines. Interesting. Your country is beautiful and no doubt has many interesting places and sites to see. Camping there would be so much different to the kind of camping we have here in Canada.
Thanks! Yes it is and there are so many places to see even for locals who haven't been to a lot of places in the Philippines. I have cousins and an aunt who live in Canada. They are in Toronto and been living there for 7 years. They said that Canada is an amazing country but haven't told me about camping or hiking that you have there :)