• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Table Mountain - South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

joker

Table Mountain is a famous mountain located in Cape Town, South Africa. Cape Town is also known as the place of heaven and is mentioned in the islamic holy book for being the worlds most beautiful state with the worlds biggest mall as well. Cape Town is also known for for Nelson Mandela (SA Freedom Fighter) and Mahatma Gandhi(Indian Freedom Fighter) to be kept in the same prison together.

Table Mountain is a flat-topped mountain forming a prominent landmark overlooking the city of Cape Town in South Africa, and is featured in the Flag of Cape Town and other local government insignia. It is a significant tourist attraction, with many visitors using the cableway or hiking to the top. The mountain forms part of the Table Mountain National Park.

280px-Table_Mountain_DanieVDM.jpg

joker

I'm an american and yes I have been there for a couple of months so learned a lot. It's beautiful and the cape of good hope is located there too. The place where indian ocean and atlantic ocean meet each other.

joker

Toxique said:
I have heard about Cape Town before, never knew it had the biggest malls though and the beach looks great.
The mall is so big that you need minimum 3 days to go through each part of the mall.

anyamarina

I've been there before! I took the cable car up there. Gorgeous view. I went during fall and I only took light clothes, which was a mistake! It's quite windy during that time and it was kind of cold for me, haha, especially at other attractions in Cape Town like The Cape of Good Hope. Super windy there...I felt like I was going to be blown away by the wind. So make sure you bring a jacket if you go.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
I decided to look in on this thread again and noticed how flat the mountain looks (the name makes more sense now). I have a friend who's family is from South Africa, I am going to see if I can get him to contribute some first hand pictures to the site.

kevinkimers

Novice Camper
Looks gorgeous, would love to see it for myself...alas travel across sea is not a viable option for me at the moment. Maybe one day. Thanks for the information @joker, putting on my bucket list.

Status
Not open for further replies.