• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

That Certain TV Show!

Jason76

Novice Camper
It's Naked and Afraid. Could you all survive on it? What would be your typical game plan?

So do you feel disgusted by those who tap out? Do you feel pity for them? What do you think they're doing wrong? In other words, generally, what made them fall?

killeroy154

Survivalist
I couldn't handle the bugs. Seen the show once. I'm not a competitive person, and a wuss. No way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
I sometimes watch Naked and Afraid in Discovery channel. It's actually a good show for survival. However, I am quite distracted by their nakedness. I cannot imagine myself to be in that position, roaming and scavenging for food in the wilderness without any clothes. I think being naked is too much of a gimmick. I would enjoy that show more if there is no nakedness. In one episode, it was shown how the survivors ate maggots that they found on a log. Another time is the bamboo shoots that they did not even cook. The show is a good one for a camper but again, I wish they would just make the contestants wear their own clothing.

rz3300

Explorer
I have never really sat down and watched a whole episode and I am pretty sure that is it for the very reasons mentioned above. It is distracting and just a little bit weird, but I can also see it as a show that has a good following and people can get into, but just not me at the current moment.

Jason76

Novice Camper
I think being naked is too much of a gimmick. I would enjoy that show more if there is no nakedness.
Yeah, I think they're trying to appeal to sex, what do you think?

In one episode, it was shown how the survivors ate maggots that they found on a log.
Why are humans repulsed by maggots?

I couldn't handle the bugs. Seen the show once. I'm not a competitive person, and a wuss. No way.
Money talks! :thumbsup:

Last edited: