• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Very Healthy Protein Bar Homemade

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Servings: 8
Prep: 10-15 minutes (plus 30 minutes in fridge)
  • 2 cups oats (toasted, if desired)
  • 1 cup 100% whey protein (unflavored)
  • 1/4 cup chocolate
  • 1/3 cup black walnuts (or other nuts)
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries (or other berries/fruit)
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup honey (or agave, or maple syrup)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine dry ingredients, and in a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Then combine all into a large mixing bowl. Stir well. Transfer to a wax-paper-lined baking dish or pan, and press about 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick. Place in fridge 30 minutes or until firm

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Another No-Bake Protein Bar:
INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 1/2 cups ( 400g ) uncooked oatmeal (quick oats)
  • 1 1/3 cups ( 340g ) peanut butter
  • 1 cup ( 250ml ) coconut cream or milk
  • 5 scoops ( 150g ) whey vanilla protein powder
This recipe is for no-bake protein bars but they will need at least a few hours of refrigeration (or overnight). Keep chilled in the fridge.

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Chocolate Protein Bars

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Oat Flour
  • 4 Egg Whites
  • 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
  • ½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
  • ½ tsp Baking Soda
  • ¼ tsp Salt
  • 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food
  • 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
  • 4oz Water
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
  3. Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Berry flavored Baby Food,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
  5. Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
  6. Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
A lot of these recipes also make for great shakes with a little modification, usually just mix everything into milk and fruit juice with a blender until you get the consistency you want

jc banks

Novice Camper
Chocolate Protein Bars

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Oat Flour
  • 4 Egg Whites
  • 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
  • ½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
  • ½ tsp Baking Soda
  • ¼ tsp Salt
  • 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food
  • 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
  • 4oz Water
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
  3. Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Berry flavored Baby Food,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
  5. Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
  6. Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares.

Those look like great snacks to carry when out, and they are full of stuff to keep you going as well. We carry jerky and a few bars but those would be better and we can make them our self's so we know whats in them. Thank you for the how to make it’s.

gracer

Explorer
Thank you so much for sharing your recipes @2sweed. :) I became really curious when I saw this thread because we were just talking about sweet energy treats in another thread and protein bars were also mentioned. There are protein bars out in the market but my little boy doesn't really like how they taste so the recipes you shared here are really helpful for me especially the ones with chocolate ingredients in them. :)

ashley0323

Novice Camper
We have made protein bars very similar to this.I would highly recommend them! When we would go camping I always had a batch made and we would eat one at breakfast and be full all day until we made it back to the camp ground to eat dinner. Super healthy for you too!

rz3300

Explorer
This really does seem like a great pick me up for those times when I am sure we have all needed one. I can certainly see myself working something like this into my routine and I might need to adjust my shopping list.