• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Vintage trailer across the US

Hey everyone,
I'm going to be towing a 16 ft travel trailer with two cats and a dog from NY to SF. I've heard rumors some KOA campgrounds will turn you away if you have a vintage trailer... just looking for feedback and/or suggestions
Thanks
CJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,
I'm going to be towing a 16 ft travel trailer with two cats and a dog from NY to SF. I've heard rumors some KOA campgrounds will turn you away if you have a vintage trailer... just looking for feedback and/or suggestions
Thanks
CJ

I have only stayed at one KOA and saw al kinds of RV's, teardrops, travel trailers, Airstreams, Sportsmobiles and tents. Several of them appeared to be "vintage" and a few were so rough looking that they resembled a permanent tenentament on wheels that you would find parked curbside along Skid Row rather than nice and clean vacation mobile.

But what do I know...

To be on the safe side just figure out which KOA locations that you are going to stay at and call them directly ahead of time to double check.

Remember you can camp in National Forests for FREE, but you would probably have to boondock it. And there are always Walmart parking lots if you are desperate.

Good Luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have only stayed at one KOA and saw al kinds of RV's, teardrops, travel trailers, Airstreams, Sportsmobiles and tents. Several of them appeared to be "vintage" and a few were so rough looking that they resembled a permanent tenentament on wheels that you would find parked curbside along Skid Row rather than nice and clean vacation mobile.

But what do I know...

To be on the safe side just figure out which KOA locations that you are going to stay at and call them directly ahead of time to double check.

Remember you can camp in National Forests for FREE, but you would probably have to boondock it. And there are always Walmart parking lots if you are desperate.

Good Luck!

Thanks

But what do I know...

Good Luck!

My daughter and her husband are going to be staying at a KOA in Starke Florida and they were told nothing older than a 2007. I don't know about the others.

My daughter and her husband are going to be staying at a KOA in Starke Florida and they were told nothing older than a 2007. I don't know about the others.

KOA's while nice and clean are independently owned franchises so each one could have rules different from one another and company rules could be enforced differently from one to another.

I prefer to stay at state or national parks as they tend to have some type of historical and/or natural feature and usually contain at least something of scenic benefit whether it be a body of water, waterfall, vista, canyon, trail or whatever.

I enjoy camping not only to be outdoors and away from it all, but to enjoy something active outdoors and to learn and experience nature and the country and to get away from asphalt and concrete.

killeroy154

Survivalist
I was wondering about rules against older campers and motor homes. I've seen several place around here that the campgrounds have turned into an old run down rv area on the water. Lots of people restoring older campers. I like the retro looking ones. I guess I would check ahead and make sure before getting there.

Madman4800

Survivalist
Welcome CJ. This is why I use a tent. You can find some really nice places to camp and a tent is easier to park. Good luck on your trip.