• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

We came, we saw...we

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
We came...
We saw...
We...well we took over the island;
that's what we did.

BEAUTIFUL RED PINE LAKE
HALIBURTON WATERWAY TRAILS

21npsue.jpg

Fabulous camp site - on the point of our own little island with a magnificent view.

ibfayh.jpg

We used the small tee-pee.
Remember? - I wasn't sure if there would be enough space for the large one.

2ldbl1c.jpg

A new ultra light silicone kitchen shelter.
Notice? - we made pegs from wood that we found on the ground.

Grand camp meals!
Really luscious stuff.
And, oh yes...there is my flag at the top of the pic resting from the wind.

hv3s0j.jpg

The island was gorgeous, inundated with huge boulders and these little
caves here and there which would make excellent emergency shelters.

24y8q6b.jpg

View of our tee-pee from the bluff.

2hycweh.jpg

We swam, canoed, cooked succulent meals, and more especially
enjoyed being in the company of kindred spirits; soaking up the peace and quiet
and refreshing the soul.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvfe-qedXVAKBtnlzxpteN_c8vmlfBqhdGwFynUeWzPZ-yAIR7.jpg

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Very beautiful and restful for sure. The rock out-croppings are kind of cool having little caves in them. Having an island to ones self is such a blessing in that you can be truly alone in enjoying nature. Thanks for sharing.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Very beautiful and restful for sure. The rock out-croppings are kind of cool having little caves in them. Having an island to ones self is such a blessing in that you can be truly alone in enjoying nature. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for caring. :)

Joseph Hadnett

Novice Camper
We had a bit more than a stretch of tarp when we went out to Killarney National Park. But it was such a beautiful day here in Ireland. Plenty of trees and rocks and sunshine.
Killarney.jpg

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
That looks like an Outwell tent - one that I would love to add to my nine tent inventory. The green tarp of course is our kitchen fly; we had a we-bit-of-rain, the tee-pee that we used was 15 feet by 15 feet, more than enough to stand up in and roll around at night.

Really glad to see you on line Joseph.

Joseph Hadnett

Novice Camper
That looks like an Outwell tent - one that I would love to add to my nine tent inventory. The green tarp of course is our kitchen fly; we had a we-bit-of-rain, the tee-pee that we used was 15 feet by 15 feet, more than enough to stand up in and roll around at night.

Really glad to see you on line Joseph.
That's our Thermo Tent. The final tent is in production now so it may look a little different again. But its 7 meters in length total so plenty of living space.
Really can't wait to get the new tent out into the woods, I'll be sure to share the photos with you guys.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
@Joseph Hadnett

Right on - I forgot about that. Really looking forward to seeing those pics. I would be interested in hearing about the field trials too. On this side of the Lake I find that people are very narrow in terms of selection when I know that there are thousands of models on the market - new ones hitting the scene each day. I would be interested to see how your models stacks up.

Joseph Hadnett

Novice Camper
@Northern Dancer

Most of our sales are to the US, I'm not worried about people not adapting to our design...unless you mean an actual lake, then I'd be very interested to see that lake :p

We have a large glamping tent coming too. Though this one isn't insulated yet.
glamping tent.jpg

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
It really is amazing what is available in terms of equipment today. I actually don't take any cash or a credit card when I visit the big outdoor stores (small ones for that matter) because there is always a new gadget or piece of equipment I just got to have. :)

Have you manged to get away any where this summer? I have 26 days left and then it's get ready for the winter.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
There are some great photos in this thread :thumbsup:

That's our Thermo Tent. The final tent is in production now so it may look a little different again. But its 7 meters in length total so plenty of living space.
Really can't wait to get the new tent out into the woods, I'll be sure to share the photos with you guys.
Looks like a fantastic tent, I'm sure it will be a real hit when it hits the market. Is the wooden platform part of the standard setup?

We're in Kerry, the south west of Ireland. If you ever make it over here you really must go camping.
I would love to camp by the ocean one day

Joseph Hadnett

Novice Camper
There are some great photos in this thread :thumbsup:

Looks like a fantastic tent, I'm sure it will be a real hit when it hits the market. Is the wooden platform part of the standard setup?

I would love to camp by the ocean one day
The wooden floor is part of our glamping tent. It has a large wooden frame and its on stilts too. As soon as we can I'll post more photos of it.
Its available now, you can buy through our e-Store and we'll ship it to you :)

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :)

...still waiting for the photos.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
@Joseph Hadnett - Looks mighty fine - like the size of a train car. I like big tents. Can you show a bit more? Nice to see you back on line - hope you had a fabulous summer.

This is the largest one that I own - four season with stove jack.

IMG_0036.jpg

CherylTorrie

Novice Camper
These tents look like you could hold a party in them. I have never owned something so large. I like my tents tiny as possible. If I did have one of these I could take my entire family and a group of friends. When you set up these large train car sized tents do you go with a group of campers? Use it for kitchen, sleep and entertainment space?