• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Winter Camping Terrain

Northern Dancer

Survivalist

upload_2018-1-5_19-52-58.jpeg
Three nights out in bitter cold. In spite of that, the *terrain was inviting and the experience invigorating. The only thing heard at night was the crackling of the stove in my Alaknak and cracking tree limbs in the frigid moonlight.

IMG_1386.jpg
Across the bridge...

IMG_1388.jpg
Over the creek...

IMG_1392.jpg
Past a spring fed water hole...

There are faint wisps of steam.

IMG_1400.jpg
Up the trail...

IMG_1399.jpg
Through the forested area...

IMG_1405.jpg
And on to the camp site.

*Everton in the Eramosa River Area

LIKE TO SEE YOUR WINTER TERRAIN

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
There is a ban on taking your own firewood in this neck of the woods. However, there is an abundance of wood supply and a lot of dead trees and branches close by. The creek was our water supply, a bit safer than the Eramosa. I didn't take any water from the spring - not sure why.

I'll be showing other pics on another thread.

killeroy154

Survivalist
Yes, they are trying to slow the spread of invasive species. They ask campers in the state parks here to only bring heat treated firewood, or purchase wood on site. I can understand that. North America is losing all its ash trees because of an invasive bug or fungus.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...the Mountain Pine Beetle effects pines and the invasive Emerald Ash borer does a job on other species. We just never know where Camping Babble threads will lead us.

IMG_1396.jpg
Let's take the other foot bridge and back to camp.