• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Would you go camping on a "haunted" forest?

GenevB

Have you ever thought that there are so many haunted places around the world that are worth exploring? Have you ever went to one? In my country, we have the forest Hoia-Baciu, which is deemed to be one of the most haunted forest on the earth, also there have been several UFO's spotted, actually one of the places with the biggest UFO activity related in the world. In the middle of it there is a place where no vegetation is growing, people used to say that this is a kind of portal to another world, I'm planning to go camping there soon, what are you thoughts?
maxresdefault.jpg
Padurea-bantuita-Hoia-Baciu.jpg
Padurea_Hoia-Baciu.jpg

Hobbit

Novice Camper
I really want to believe in the paranormal but I have to see it for myself.
I'd do it with a group of friend and make it into a fun trip.
I'm sure the rumours are spread so people like me would camp there.

killeroy154

Survivalist
Romania is full of all kinds of stories. I bet it's blast being around all that. As far as a haunted forest... ugh ugh not me. I wouldn't push my luck. If you do go please let us know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

gracer

Explorer
Just merely looking at the pictures gives me the creeps. I'm a real scaredy-cat so scary places and things do creep me out. This reminds me of the film "The Blairwitch Project", which I believe was based on a true story. The place actually looks similar to the setting of the movie. I'm not closing my doors in camping in these kinds of places though, as long as I'm with a lot of people. I would never camp out alone in a haunted forest. :eek:

ashley0323

Novice Camper
Yes, I would totally do this! Sounds fun to me, I would want to find out why it is haunted. I would of course bring someone with me though, maybe a friend, hubby and a family member. I think it would be a good, potentially frightening experience.

missyify

Survivalist
I'd like to say I would but last thing I need is something attaching lol. I've been having nightmares about possession and, as much as I try to read into the symbolism, it kinda still freaks me out. I'm never the one possessed, though, I'm always the one fighting the entity/entities... Too many horror movies perhaps? Lol

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

killeroy154

Survivalist
I'd like to say I would but last thing I need is something attaching lol. I've been having nightmares about possession and, as much as I try to read into the symbolism, it kinda still freaks me out. I'm never the one possessed, though, I'm always the one fighting the entity/entities... Too many horror movies perhaps? Lol

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk
So if you don't pay your exorcist, would that mean you could get, repossessed?

Jasmin Cottontail

Novice Camper
I find this idea creepy but interesting. I myself likes to go explore including these types of forest. However, I just don't feel I have the guts to do it since I get scared easily with paranormal stuffs :(

to7update

Novice Camper
This is something I have never done and certainly would never do as for me camping is to have fun and to be in the nature, but without scary stuff. I do know people that do that and in places where it's claimed to be done some strange rituals, but I prefer to pass on that as these days when I camp it's always with my kids and I don't want them scared... :)

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
I remember when I was 12, I had joined a scouting group for a camping. After traveling for 3 hours by bus, we walked 4 hours to the destination campsite. That 4-hour walk was enchanting to me because I had seen big birds for the first time. My slingshot was no match for those birds but I still tried to hit them although in futility. When we were about a kilometer away from the campsite, I had this dreaded feeling that goosebumps hit me. I was with several boys of my age that’s why I was wondering why I felt scared. When we reached the campsite, that’s when I discovered that I had lost one shoe (which I tied to the strap of my knapsack). Our scout master tasked me and another boy to backtrack and try to find my other shoe. You can guess that we found the shoe right in the spot when I developed goose bumps. Certainly that is a haunted forest.

to7update

Novice Camper
So that's surprising that being a scout you get to hit birds with a slingshot? :eek: That's really against scouts ideology as they try to blend with nature, not hurt animals. I am not sure how you lost your shoe though?

Most of the times I think those horror stories are just to scare the kids and nothing else. :) I might be wrong in this though! :D