• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Any hiking/camping plans?

HikingHans

Novice Camper
Well, here in the Pacific Northwest, the winter has been bloody awful. Fortunately, spring appears to be coming at last. I'm planning on going on some hikes in the very near future and I thought I'd toss this out for discussion: do you have any plans in the near future to hike and/or camp? Where are you going? Thanks for sharing!

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...tonnes of camping plans - all beginning the 20th of June 2016. My usual stuff - Haliburton Forest Reserve, Haliburton Highlands and Algonquin Provincial Park. Menus are organized, equipment lists completed - just waiting for the summer sun. Oh...yah...got a few new pieces of equipment I'll be purchasing too. :)

upload_2016-2-10_12-53-42.jpeg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyP_-r7txZ7mKfFo8yn_d50YHtTuV8Y_KQcgiD54cNpSNdSDNC_w.jpg
upload_2016-2-10_12-56-11.jpeg

killeroy154

Survivalist
Going to spend 4 days camping and crappie fishing in Alabama in three weeks! Oh yeah going to be good. I need to shake off this winter and industrial work depression. After that there will be no limits! Ooh ooh come on springtime.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Great to see you online.

Sounds fantastic - you get my summer juices going.

I'm not a fisherman so I'm not sure what crappie fishing means.

Temperature in our neck of the woods is dropping to minus 24 Celsius tonight. [- 11 Fahrenheit American]

actadh

Explorer
Planning a trip to a campground north of Pittsburgh and one to Grayson, KY

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Going to start out slow and do some exploring along the Clarion river before the weeds grow high and the snakes come out. Then going to walk a few trails up around Bradford, Pa. Hope to go camping with friends and use my tent and maybe rent a cabin somewhere in the woods. Hope my old bones can manage all my great plans.

tent.jpg

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Bradford? I know Bradford - I've been there to visit the hospital for a quick med check. I was the Non Roman Chaplain for Calument International Scout Weekend. It was a great experience. I had three thousand youth show up for service.