• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping Babble Promotion Public Brainstorm

campforums

Founder
Staff member
I thought it would be a good idea to post this here to let members know what I am doing or plan on doing to help promote the site. Thinking of new ways to recruit people and draw in traffic is an active progress so suggestions are always welcome. Check back periodically if you're interested as I will probably edit this post from time to time with new info :)
  • Advertising
    • Google AdWords (I've used this in the past but it is quite expensive maybe because I am inexperienced with setting up campaigns with the right keywords or that is just the nature of the service, I've put this on hold because of the cost)
    • Bing Advertising (Very similar to AdWords but I had a $100 credit for Bing that I thought I would use up)
    • Advertising on popular camping related websites like blogs (I decided this is worth a try as an alternative and I have been researching and contacting sites that I think would be effective)
  • Social Networking
    • Recently started posting thread links on Twitter which has gathered a few clicks but nothing significant unfortunately. Hopefully this will improve as our social media following grows.
  • Quality Content
    • Members have been doing a great job of posting interesting and unique content, keep up the good work guys!

happyflowerlady

Survivalist
It sounds like you are doing a good job of promoting the website. Do you have a Facebook page for the forum that we can share and like from our own facebook page ?
Many of the articles on here would also work to post on Bubblews, which puts them out where more people would see and read them, if you have a Bubblews account. Since you also earn money from posting on Bubblews when people read the post; that would help to pay for other advertising as well as promoting the forum.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Yes actually, I'm glad you asked. We have a Facebook page and a Twitter account which you can follow by going directly to the links or through the buttons on the site's home page. Thanks for the suggestion, I have been looking into a few different social media techniques (especially some of the lesser known ones) and have been trying out Scoop.it which is also for sharing articles or other interesting links.