• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Classic Camping Cookbook & Meal Planner

AurelioLeo

The Coleman Company has put out the Classic Camping Cookbook & Meal Planner and I would like your thoughts on it. It is in a form of an app that can be downloaded through itunes. Does anyone now when it will be released on the google play store?

campforums

Founder
Staff member
I checked and couldn't find any information about an Android version of the app being released, which sucks because I have an Android phone myself. Android may have a lot of apps but I find that there are still some major ones that do not get ported over in a timely fashion which is pretty strange considering Android holds such large share of the market. For example Instagram only released an Android version with the last year. Hopefully you have some luck finding a good alternative for Android, I'm sure there are many that offer the same recipes.

AurelioLeo

I agree with apps being on for just the iphone and not android. I have found some survival guide apps on the android market. I have you found any camping cookbooks for the android phones?

campforums

Founder
Staff member
AurelioLeo said:
I agree with apps being on for just the iphone and not android. I have found some survival guide apps on the android market. I have you found any camping cookbooks for the android phones?
Not really, I usually don't spend much time playing on my phone when I'm out camping so I don't really look for camping apps. I find a lot of recipes online beforehand and then just write them down and bring all the required ingredients.