• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Don't wear shorts

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
This is my advice to the young campers - don't wear shorts. A camper's primary conern is the skin because camping means going to inhospitable environment. The skin is the first target of the elements hence campers are usually covered well with long sleeve shirts. I enjoy wearing denims or any pants made of thick cloth. That gives me peace of mind on the thought that ny legs are fully protected.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...it really depends on the circumstance what one wears. It's not a question what one wants but what one needs. Our neck of the woods is a lot different from yours. People would be scratching their heads and wondering what you are doing in denim on a hot summer's day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3JTysWeMfjMlaxFwtGfdP4a2h2LqcfT_cgqvfQLQGBrd0bQFB.jpg
Suit yourself but I'd rather be in fast dry shorts.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSklP9cKNauMVksXB8mkq9NhTtLCalUWuC4RqR0bhpG2WdvJkV63Q.jpg
And when I'm canoeing - I want it light.

upload_2017-4-28_23-40-17.jpeg
upload_2017-4-28_23-40-58.jpeg
Though...I do wear these. It gets a might cool some evenings. These are fast dry pants.