• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Greetings from Western Pennsylvania

CherylTorrie

Novice Camper
DSCN1630.JPG
I'm currently living just 35 miles away from Lake Erie in a valley town named Meadville. The change of seasons is beautiful but around here the falling leaves are a sure warning sign of "Lake Effect Snow" on its way. Any winter campers? :)

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxGNavMeTpc9SWH66QgNkz3H0g45mf-p5wzXARSOZVXH7HmGdQ.jpg
Again...

I am a four season camper - and winter is one of those seasons. I can't believe that someone else has confessed to be the same. :)

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
View attachment 1592 I'm currently living just 35 miles away from Lake Erie in a valley town named Meadville. The change of seasons is beautiful but around here the falling leaves are a sure warning sign of "Lake Effect Snow" on its way. Any winter campers? :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :joyful:

We have a number of folks from the Pen...err...I mean Pennsylvania - 2sweed would be one of those great folks.

CherylTorrie

Novice Camper
Thank you for the tip on catching up with 2sweed. I'm still going to look for you too though. :) It's always fun to meet people in my area who love to camp. We have a few campsites closeby but in the summer they become more like mobile home parks for the people from the surrounding cities. Just too commercial for my taste. And I'm a tent camper, I don't pull in with a 50ft camper and all of the conveniences of home so sometime I feel awkward camping amongst so may seasonals.

actadh

Explorer
Welcome from West Virginia. My favorite campground is Geneva State Park in Ohio on Lake Erie. I solo tent camp, and camp with my husband in a little 18ft travel trailer.

CherylTorrie

Novice Camper
actadh, You must drive right by my neck of the woods whenever you go camping. Lake Erie has some beautiful parks doesn't it? I grew up not 10 miles from Lake Ontario with a great view of Toronto. Next time you are heading out you will have to let me know so we can explore the Great Lakes Region together. Have you ever done the wine tours? They are so much fun with a DD of course... :)

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
Hey, Cheryl, Welcome to the forum. i know where Meadville is and it's great to have another Pa gal plus tent camper on board. Hope to talk with you more. Hope you stick around and join in on the many forum topics. :cool::happy:

actadh

Explorer
Hi Cheryl - haven't done the wine tours, but we did the covered bridge tour in Ashtabula County.

DH loves to fish Lake Erie. We always went to the western basin - Port Clinton area. When the algae blooms got so bad, we started fishing out of Ashtabula Harbor. We stay at a little mom and pop motel since we are pulling the boat.

One year we did leave the boat in storage at Geneva On the Lake, and camped several times at Geneva State Park. But, it was kind of stressful not having the boat in the side yard where we can keep an eye on it, so we never did it again. We live upstream from the Ohio River, so we missed spur of the moment boat rides, too.

Last edited: