• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

It's here, or maybe there?

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
FOR THOSE WHO KEEP
UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST GEAR...

Gear Junkie and 50 Campfires Magazine
have the latest on 2017 camping and
out door gear.
Get your credit cards ready...

well, err...you better check with your spouse or
significant other first. :)

I confess - nothing turned me on!

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...wow - I thought I was the only one who had a Visa that looks like that. Then again, mine has red blood shot eyes...that glow...in the dark. :bag:

So...what's on my list to buy this year?

1 Portable Led Motion Light DONE

1 Portable table for sink and oven. Will be making this soon.
1 New Canoe Tripping Tent. Will be purchasing when franchise opens new store in our area this spring.
1 New Totem Sign. DONE
1 New Lighter Walking Stick. RECEIVED
1 Chest of drawers. DONE
1 Foot Locker. DONE

killeroy154

Survivalist
I realy need to lighten and simplify my camping stuff. So what kind of a tent are you looking for? I remember you, I think it was you ND, posted a picture of a simple 2 board chair. I was unable to find the post, but remember how it looked, I think. I wonder if one of those chairs could be made out of a paddle, or if part of it could be used as an emergency paddle. My thinking is that I always carry extra paddle, so what if that extra paddle be used as part of a chair? Curious to see what you come up with for a table.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...the table will be a simple trestle table with a cut out for a sink. Probably five feet long two feet wide. This is a base camp piece of equipment.

The chairs that I use for tripping are these -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKBq5sdv3muxz5PndNPm7aEF22c086r99Lk3kGBKazn9PWyxEU.jpg
upload_2017-1-15_18-18-2.jpeg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGCgQu8LVYYylKmGuddhlTpAQo3zRTkjKyURwlPksRP-nMeWKs.jpg

I need a back support after a few days out - those tripods do me in and the tent I'm looking for looks like this -

$459.00 Canadian, 3 season, capacity 4?, Two doors, Height 6 foot, Weight 20 1/2 pounds, 75 square feet. It comes in a six too but four should be more than enough for the dog and me. Err...I mean me and the dog. :)

...like the idea of making a paddle. A colleague of mine made one and it was really good. It will be part of my to do list this year.

killeroy154

Survivalist
I have one of the Helinox chairs and I realy do like it. The only problem I ever have with it is if the ground is soft the legs want to sink in. I'm not going to mention that if I'd lose a few pounds it would help. I like to be able to stand in a tent, so the 6 foot height is good along with square footage. Looks like it would hold up well in heavy rain and wind. Oh and of course as long as Tripper doesn't mind sharing it with you. A five foot table would work well. I think it's a good idea for the sink cut out.

Speaking of sinks I have a question. Last time I went camping I hung up a shower bag above the dish pan and used it to rinse the dishes after washing. But I rinsed the with lake water, instead of filtered or treated water. Is that a bad idea? Should I get some iodine tablets and put in the rinse water, or does it matter?

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
I have one of the Helinox chairs and I realy do like it. The only problem I ever have with it is if the ground is soft the legs want to sink in. I'm not going to mention that if I'd lose a few pounds it would help. I like to be able to stand in a tent, so the 6 foot height is good along with square footage. Looks like it would hold up well in heavy rain and wind. Oh and of course as long as Tripper doesn't mind sharing it with you. A five foot table would work well. I think it's a good idea for the sink cut out.

Speaking of sinks I have a question. Last time I went camping I hung up a shower bag above the dish pan and used it to rinse the dishes after washing. But I rinsed the with lake water, instead of filtered or treated water. Is that a bad idea? Should I get some iodine tablets and put in the rinse water, or does it matter?
--------------------------------- = > :)
I've used the same method to wash dishes - I usually put a tab of bleach in and just a wee bit more at the end of the trip to wash it out. Great camp thinkers we are! :cool:

killeroy154

Survivalist
I bought one of those folding chairs with the side tray too. It is comfortable and I like to be able to sit up with out slouching in a chair. It's not exactly light or packable, but it serves me well.