• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

LET'S GET SUMMER STARTED...

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4ecSbqhyHrjC0Id1FhRJR5ovl-A3-rJQjIMY0NQYDVtJ90UwT.jpg

CALLING ON ALL CAMPING BABBLERS AROUND THE WORLD
Let's Get Summer Started.
Think a little, plan a little, dream a little
and SHARE BIG with your Babble Buddies!

WHERE DID YOU PLAN TO CAMP THIS YEAR?
Some exotic place like in Josh's Hawaii, or beside a raging falls,
swinging high up in the trees, the Mohombi Desert?
GOING TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT THIS YEAR?
Kayaking, jet skiing, maybe snorkeling, deep sea diving, hammock camping?
GETTING MARRIED? IN A TENT?
...and why not, in the beginning we got married in caves...right?
IS THIS THE YEAR YOU BUY NEW EQUIPMENT?
The tent you really wanted to buy, a new cherry paddle for the canoe, an RV,
a new van...what?

LET'S GET SUMMER STARTED.
+ Let's share what's going on in our camping life. +

Last edited:

2sweed

Natural Camper
Staff member
I am supplying the drinks and the food, as we wait to hear all the wonderful plans for the upcoming summer camping trips and shopping.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2JH7NTpo2RNovs6FSS-I4jhaB5wB0Zjlbn7vmtTOOF63qcuE6.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4zGQJT1qayB7cZrD8DIn3PlVoBa2Wv_wWi_HGCTdIFQTWw_Nd.jpg
upload_2015-2-27_21-28-16.jpeg

actadh

Explorer
I only have reservations so far for one trip on the 4th of July. I am waiting for the season to open at a small campground in Maryland - their website still has 2014 information up - so I can make some more reservations.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...it looks mighty good @2sweed. I sure hope that you will have an excellent summer. They are so short and it is important that we use them well.

Last edited:

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
I only have reservations so far for one trip on the 4th of July. I am waiting for the season to open at a small campground in Maryland - their website still has 2014 information up - so I can make some more reservations.
___________________________________________________________________ :)

Excellent! Twenty fourteen - my goodness they are slow. Some of our jurisdictions had their site changes up last October. Yep...I noticed the price increases.

Last edited:

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
So far I've designed a portable tent platform. I was inspired by @MacGyver. I've purchased one small backpackers Primus stove (on sale don't you know). I built a new tent night table. Designed and built a portable flag pole and the only other piece of equipment I've been toying with is a car refrigerator.

JoshPosh

Pathfinder
One of potential girlfriends family lives in the boonies. It's almost like camping. So I'll take a trip down there and survey the land a bit. If it ever goes to the next step, this would be a good place to lay some roots and build a preppers bunker or a dwelling ready for a doomsday scenario.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaFVoKbp8fxzK-VU22UbP-vid7siN0hWEJ__40RvOOLTVV9D8S.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpfKyJYR5Ozr6UM0Qogb6KNCezSLLdL5UPpVrPzB69mV9ZJ6L50Q.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkNpcoK_ZurHPLcZX4y-FAcSmdbq6ohitQbHGY1xcQtRt25K02.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdQ8M_M9PTY_FkpxBVOhiCqGlw9QxlLduHTXd_1BMb-xQ3DxDb.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpKQRedvmwNjYsvnkiJ1KY_iyvedl3xEMymfGaRhaJRxXikSTCeg.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnY5AFMnk85GVfPl41r41LWjm19MMJwbmVyaQ8qH89lqHpuItw.jpg

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
One of potential girlfriends family lives in the boonies. It's almost like camping. So I'll take a trip down there and survey the land a bit. If it ever goes to the next step, this would be a good place to lay some roots and build a preppers bunker or a dwelling ready for a doomsday scenario.

View attachment 1129 View attachment 1130 View attachment 1131 View attachment 1132 View attachment 1133 View attachment 1134

___________________________________________________________________ :)

ONE OF YOUR POTENTIAL GIRLFRIENDS? Good grief man, how many do you have???? The boonies you have displayed are fantastic. Could you go anyway even if she isn't a potential?

Last edited:

JoshPosh

Pathfinder
:) ONE OF YOUR POTENTIAL GIRLFRIENDS? Good grief man, how many do you have???? The boonies you have displayed are fantastic. Could you go anyway even if she isn't a potential?
I'm in the Philippines right now and It's totally different from the West. For those that don't understand where I'm going with this, here's an example. In my grandmothers native village it is common for arranged marriages. Matchmakers would set young people together based on social status or what would make monetary sense. It's not about dating for several years like back home. It's still the olden days here.

But I've been there already a month ago. I'll might be going there in a few days. We'll see. I'll take pictures for you guys if I do. Oh wait I got some but nothing from the beach.

I had to drive 3 hours to her province. I parked on the side of the road to take a picture. Then some photos of my bed for the night and the surroundings. I can't forget the dogs.

DSC01978.JPG DSC01979.JPG DSC01983.JPG DSC01984.JPG DSC01985.JPG DSC01988.JPG DSC01990.JPG DSC01999.JPG

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
@JoshPosh - a man of adventure and intrigue and someone who would be fabulous to have on a trip. Share more of your photos and especially the area you frequent. Thanks for your contribution.

upload_2015-3-2_9-39-11.png
Spread the word...

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh1QMGDKS96Pf1orTu8R187Frm4nTXiQwlV-FnW8_Uku4-ooT7.jpg

I forgot about that...you might be basking in the heat of a special summer. TELL US ABOUT IT - help keep our spirits up in the midst of ice and snow.

Last edited:

campforums

Founder
Staff member
I like your use of two shades of green font :D

So far I've designed a portable tent platform. I was inspired by @MacGyver. I've purchased one small backpackers Primus stove (on sale don't you know). I built a new tent night table. Designed and built a portable flag pole and the only other piece of equipment I've been toying with is a car refrigerator.
I remember seeing his, it will be interesting to hear about your take on the idea

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
I'm in the Philippines right now and It's totally different from the West. For those that don't understand where I'm going with this, here's an example. In my grandmothers native village it is common for arranged marriages. Matchmakers would set young people together based on social status or what would make monetary sense. It's not about dating for several years like back home. It's still the olden days here.

But I've been there already a month ago. I'll might be going there in a few days. We'll see. I'll take pictures for you guys if I do. Oh wait I got some but nothing from the beach.

I had to drive 3 hours to her province. I parked on the side of the road to take a picture. Then some photos of my bed for the night and the surroundings. I can't forget the dogs.

View attachment 1139 View attachment 1140 View attachment 1141 View attachment 1142 View attachment 1143 View attachment 1144 View attachment 1145 View attachment 1146
:)

@JoshPosh - Joshy - tell me more about your dogs.

I like your use of two shades of green font :D

I remember seeing his, it will be interesting to hear about your take on the idea
:(

"He...smart!" Actually he had some good advice (I'm smart too - so I took it) and now experimenting with another model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXA0lfVUm8XDzfMlFztVK7sDj5NwcBrIGIfwP2jZpkihwfbzH3QA.jpg

Now is the time to take inventory..."ta see whats you got and whats you gotta get."

:bear: Here we go again - he does this every year and still buys things he really doesn't need.