• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Papa got new shoes

killeroy154

Survivalist
The hiking shoes I purchased last year have been a little snug. They appeared to fit good when I purchased them, and they have served me well. The couple of past times hiking this spring they have become a little uncomfortable, maybe the fur on my feet has thickened or something, so I began searching for the same brand only in a wide size. It sure is a pain in the rear to find a 13W. Why can't I ever find my size of shoe on sale? Any how I had to order them. Some brands they are listed as a "Wide", but for some reason the Columbia brand list them as 2E go figure. They aren't the mid highs, but they are more comfortable.

I am getting ready for Grandfather Mountain hiking the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Which ones did end up settling on? It is tricky because sometimes shoes feel better after they've been broken in a bit and other times they don't :(

killeroy154

Survivalist
I got the 13 2E Columbia. Fit very well and did great on our Grandfather Mtn hike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
This reminds me of the camping boots that my father brought home from the US (he was an American citizen residing in California). I was proud of that shoes that looked like imitation leather. That pair of boots was for my camping trips although I used it first when we went on vacation in the norther city called Baguio. Take note that it was only the second time that I wore those boots. It didn't take long before i noticed that something was wrong. And before I could find out, my wife was laughing while pointing to my left shoe with a detached sole. It was fortunate that I brought along my rubber shoes. When I investigated, the other shoe also had indications of a detached sole. And that's when I noticed that it was made in China.