• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Picnic by the river bank

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
This is my experience when I was younger. We used to have a family picnic by the river bank in the province where my cousins lived. Sometimes it is an overnight camping which was really exciting. Food was in abundance. Some natives would come to sell their farm produce like freshly harvested corn or sweet watermelon. It was really an experience to remember. I am posting this because I recently heard that the riverbank was converted into a resort with cottages where you can stay for the daytime. And although the water is still clear, unfortunately it is shallow already. That is the price of progress, tsk, tsk.

rz3300

Explorer
Sounds like a much better idea than most of my lunches. This is probably a good way to beat my usual mid week blues, but then again there is a sever lack of bodies of water around here, which is depressing in itself.