• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Thinking Of A Competition

campforums

Founder
Staff member
RE: Thinking Of A Comp

What kind? What's your idea?

I've only seen competitions on fairly big message boards where they have the budget to offer prizes and stuff.

PAPA!

I have items, i'll give a second hand PS3 with 8 random games. I think we should have a posting comp it's more useful than any other so me and camp forums will discuss this comp and about next week it will shoot up :)

Jessi

Novice Camper

Competitions can be a good way to drum up more content. Be careful trying to use something like PS3 games, though. That would be a great prize on a gaming forum, but it doesn't exactly fit the niche here, so you may not get as much interest that way.

campforums

Founder
Staff member

Freaky said:
I have items, i'll give a second hand PS3 with 8 random games. I think we should have a posting comp it's more useful than any other so me and camp forums will discuss this comp and about next week it will shoot up :)
That's very generous of you.

PAPA!

Jessi said:
Competitions can be a good way to drum up more content. Be careful trying to use something like PS3 games, though. That would be a great prize on a gaming forum, but it doesn't exactly fit the niche here, so you may not get as much interest that way.
Not much camping things i own. CampForums PM me.

Toxique

Jessi said:
Well those are still really good prizes... And it looks like their is a couple gamers on here right?

ps3fanboy

freaky if youre from the US your games wont work for UK playstations and if youre from UK vice-versa. vouchers would be a better option and this is what i ought to do on my forum

PAPA!

ps3fanboy said:
freaky if youre from the US your games wont work for UK playstations and if youre from UK vice-versa. vouchers would be a better option and this is what i ought to do on my forum
I already have a solution for this btw i am in hospital so just start the comp and i'll give the prizes. camp forums PM me!