• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Understanding

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
During labor, the pain is so great that a woman....
FB_IMG_1494101750034-2.jpg
FB_IMG_1494101750034-1.jpg

Can almost imagine how a man feels when he can't go hammock camping for a week.

killeroy154

Survivalist
Hey Bibs, welcome back. I thought of you yesterday when I ordered a book on hammock camping. I was at an outdoor store looking at hammock straps and tarps.

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
Hey Bibs, welcome back. I thought of you yesterday when I ordered a book on hammock camping. I was at an outdoor store looking at hammock straps and tarps.
Fantastic! Can't wait to hear more. You have been a hammock camper for some time if I recall correctly. I don't know why but I really enjoy hearing about the gear people buy and why.

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
What about these atlas straps
bb5cb4cb8d2fb9a5e0e4b4c4b99276d4.jpg
is 17 bucks ok for them or should I be looking at something else?
$17.00, is a great deal! I think you are really going to enjoy the ease of making adjustments with those Atlas straps. If you are wealthier than I am, go ahead and pick up some Python straps for a whole lot more money and the ability to do NOTHING more for you than what these Atlas straps are going to do. I love finding gear that turns out being every bit as good as the "Gadget Nurds" over priced name brand "gotch your money" gear. It's fun to see people pay less and get more or the same quality for their money. Nice job!

killeroy154

Survivalist
I was looking at straps in an outdoor store and I just didn't want to cough up 30 bucks. I looked on ebay after I left. I am a cheap sucker. The last straps I bought had no loops made to them, they sucked and didn't work out. Thanks for advice.

killeroy154

Survivalist
No, he wrote the book after hiking the Appalachian trail. I am a slow reader just about done with it. Pretty good book.