• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What are your Top 5 things you always do when you go camping?

ashley0323

Novice Camper
I have noticed that many people do the same routine things them they go camping. What are the top 5 things you do everytime you go camping?

For us, we always:
  1. Go Fishing
  2. Go swimming
  3. Make a campfire
  4. Cook on the campfire
  5. Make Smores with the kids

missyify

Survivalist
Aside from setting up, we always make a campfire. Can't do smores anymore, but I'm working on that. Just need to find a graham cracker substitute... Since I found a safe marshmallow recipe. Yes, I'm that hardcore that I will make everything at home except the chocolate bars so we can enjoy making smores again...

Other than that, I can't really think of stuff we always do. Sometimes we hike, sometimes we kayak and fish... I don't think we've ever went swimming, though.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
...I raise my flag.
Clean up the camp site. Set up my tent, dinning shelter and grey water pit, build the campfire and veg. [Veg. meaning - swimming, cooking, reading, drawing, animal watching, canoeing, playing, relaxing, sky watching, hiking, sleeping and napping, listening, and doing nothing.] :)

gracer

Explorer
Well, I think we also pretty much do the same thing every time we go camping. We would mostly hike to our camp site, rest for awhile upon getting there, eat our packed food, set up our tent, search for some wood to use for our camp fire and cooking, prepare our food for the night, eat dinner along our camp fire, then we chat and tell stories in front of the camp fire before we go to sleep. The next day would be a very busy and adventurous day. :)

scrapper

Novice Camper
Besides setting a tent and light sources? I always cover myself head to toe with some mosquito repellent, go to a lake or pond to swim, hiking the environment, explore a bit more and further until sunset kicks in, then now is time to gather up everybody around a bonfire and hear some stories about heinous creatures roaming the wilderness that might leave you restless for the rest of the night :vamp: